What was your first flashcard/hardware mod on a console? How did you discover them?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally
I was at the hospital and some guy near my chamber played on his dsi with a TTDS
thats how I got aware about flashcard
my first flashcart was ttds ofc because i didnt know any other
not long after, I found and joined gbatemp

Reactions: Alkéryn

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The oh-so majestic r4i gold rts. Got it from the also majestic 3ds.guide. I came onto the gaming scene quite late, and I was googling a lot trying to see if there was any way I could pirate 3ds gamez.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
First flashcard was my DSTwo+
I first time with a flashcart was during school, my class used to do this video game station thing, and someone brought in a flashcart, I don't remember which one it was though. A few years later, I had a suggested video appear on YouTube about flashcart. I actually found GBATemp while I was setting it up, but I never signed up until February

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newer game roms I guess. Didn't really care about older non-3ds games at the time (plus I had a few emulators on my laptop).
ok and back then, were you aware of Citra?
or maybe it wasnt released yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First flashcard was my DSTwo+
I first time with a flashcart was during school, my class used to do this video game station thing, and someone brought in a flashcart, I don't remember which one it was though. A few years later, I had a suggested video appear on YouTube about flashcart. I actually found GBATemp while I was setting it up, but I never signed up until February
im sure were not alone to have found gbatemp while looking for flashcart/hardmod

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed, I was aware of Citra and even tried it out. But it always lagged horribly for Pokémon SM and the lack of online play bothered me. After finding out about free gamez on a real 3ds I finally got one.
and i guess you switched to LUMA since then?

I remember when I got my first 3ds flashcart, it was a Gateway-3ds for 9.2
I had to open the web browser everytime I wanted to play a game
but at least, it was faster than sky3ds if i wanted to play the 5th game on the list

Reactions: PossiblyOne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended