ROM Hack What was the name of that tool...

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back I remember using a tool similar to FunkyCIA. It downloaded titles using your ticket.db from eshop. but the difference to this tool than FunkyCIA was that it removed the eshop encryption and even built to 3ds rom iirc. Anyone know what I am talking about? I been trying to find it but i just cant remember what it was called.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have used this, it's pretty nice.
If @cearp added .3ds conversion to FunkyCIA2 then it would be perfect.
FunkyCIA is for taking your legit eshop content and backing it up (ideally legitly for a perfect backup) - .3ds support is not possible or (my opinion) desired with how i do things :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FunkyCIA is for taking your legit eshop content and backing it up (ideally legitly for a perfect backup) - .3ds support is not possible or (my opinion) desired with how i do things :)
There are many who would find it useful such as myself, it would be great to have for us as an optional parameter.
It should be pretty easy to add, for example in CDNto3DS it's just a small difference in the command called:
mCiaCmd = 'makerom -f cia -rsf rom.rsf -o ' + titleid + '.cia'
mRomCmd = 'makerom -f cci -rsf rom.rsf -nomodtid -o ' + titleid + '.3ds'
:)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There are many who would find it useful such as myself, it would be great to have for us as an optional parameter.
It should be pretty easy to add, for example in CDNto3DS it's just a small difference in the command called:

:)
sure it is easy enough to add for me, but for the user they would have to decrypt their title keys, which is a separate operation on the 3ds.
FunkyCIA is nice because it is easy, all you do is give it the ticket.db and it does everything itself.
i understand it is nice sometimes to have eshop content as a .3ds, but it is simpler if we keep physical games as .3ds and eshop content as .cia :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sure it is easy enough to add for me, but for the user they would have to decrypt their title keys, which is a separate operation on the 3ds.
FunkyCIA is nice because it is easy, all you do is give it the ticket.db and it does everything itself.
i understand it is nice sometimes to have eshop content as a .3ds, but it is simpler if we keep physical games as .3ds and eshop content as .cia :)
Hence why I suggested it could be an optional parameter, so it will continue working the same way but people who want their eShop games as .3ds would have the option to do so without using a separate app to convert them one by one. ;)

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche