What voltage/amperage draw comes through a 2DS when charging?

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to repair a 2DS which is fully working, except that it will not charge the battery. I thought it might be the charge port that is broken, but now I am wondering if that is really true. My fear is that some other component, such as a fuse on the charging circuit (typical on the original DS, which has a pair of fuses that often fail on the battery charge circuit), could have gone out rather than the port being broken. As I wait to harvest a new charge port from a broken 2DS, I am curious if anyone here has advice on this matter.

My interest is in connecting my bench power supply to the 2DS charge points (the actual contacts on the board which the charge port connects to) so that I could see if the system will charge when delivered power. My reasoning is that, if the battery charges when the board is given power directly to the contact points, then I was correct, and it is the charge port which is bad. If it still does not charge, however, then something else must be broken on the system.

Can anyone answer the following for me?

1) What is the voltage/amperage which should be supplied to the 2DS in order to make it charge? I want to replicate what the power adapter would be sending, but I actually don't have an original 3DS charger handy.
2) If I end up finding that the charge port is not the cause of the issue, then where should I look next? Does the 2DS also have a known fuse that will fail and prevent the battery from charging? If so, which fuse is it and what is a suitable replacement? If that is not the issue, then what should I do instead?

Thanks all and have a good one.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My charging cradle says 4.6v @900mA is what it takes from the charger and delivers to my New 3DS XL.
Screenshot_20220411-182911-993.png

Reactions: actualkoifish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.