Hacking What Version Of The M3DS Real Should I Get?

KieranD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Golin said:
Styles420 said:
I'd recommend going for the full package (with GBA expansion) from the start - then the expansion only adds about $10 to the price, instead of $20+

when you factor in a second shipping cost for the second order, you'd be saving at least $14, which is nearly the cost of the expansion. And it is worth it - in addition to some fantastic GBA games out there, you'll also find some homebrew that just won't work without some extra memory (Quake2DS anyone?). I didn't think I'd need it at first either, but mine was ordered within a week of receiving my M3, and my only regret since is that I basically paid more than twice what I could have ($10 vs $26).
On DealExtreme you save less than half a dollar if you buy it in the bundle and shipping is free. I'd just get the Rumble bundle and use it for awhile. When you do feel like you want to play GBA games get the expansion pack, but again I doubt it. Save yourself the $17.50.

I think I will. I mean, I don't care about GBA ROMs, as I can just use the carts. And rumble seems pointless, but at least I'll have the option. Oh, and so long as ScummVM and Anguna work, it's worth the money.

Thanks all. That should be it.

KieranD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I have a problem.

The pictures on DX show the card as being top-loading. That means that it's a fake, no?

Problems, problems.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
KieranD said:
Okay, I have a problem.

The pictures on DX show the card as being top-loading. That means that it's a fake, no?

Problems, problems.

I don't know... but that's a good question.

This is the picture on the M3adapter.com website:
rumblew3real.jpg

But this picture is also hosted on the website:
20081229.jpg

In conclusion... still don't know.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golin said:
Styles420 said:
I'd recommend going for the full package (with GBA expansion) from the start - then the expansion only adds about $10 to the price, instead of $20+

when you factor in a second shipping cost for the second order, you'd be saving at least $14, which is nearly the cost of the expansion. And it is worth it - in addition to some fantastic GBA games out there, you'll also find some homebrew that just won't work without some extra memory (Quake2DS anyone?). I didn't think I'd need it at first either, but mine was ordered within a week of receiving my M3, and my only regret since is that I basically paid more than twice what I could have ($10 vs $26).
On DealExtreme you save less than half a dollar if you buy it in the bundle and shipping is free. I'd just get the Rumble bundle and use it for awhile. When you do feel like you want to play GBA games get the expansion pack, but again I doubt it. Save yourself the $17.50.

Well that changes things then... I went with RealHotStuff.com because they're the closest to me, took less than a week to get here (And I hear that DealXtreme takes close to a month). Guess I paid a little extra due to lack of patience
wink.gif

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
After checking out the whole M3adapter website I've come to the conclusion that the side loaders are the new M3 DS Real cards while the top loader are the older versions. Now, I believe the top loader version is previewed on the DealExtreme website because they're just old pictures... No guarantees though. I ordered two cards 5 days ago so I won't know for sure until I receive them. I like the side loader though, makes it harder to spot that you're playing a flash cart.

KieranD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Golin said:
After checking out the whole M3adapter website I've come to the conclusion that the side loaders are the new M3 DS Real cards while the top loader are the older versions. Now, I believe the top loader version is previewed on the DealExtreme website because they're just old pictures... No guarantees though. I ordered two cards 5 days ago so I won't know for sure until I receive them. I like the side loader though, makes it harder to spot that you're playing a flash cart.

So, when you receive yours, if you post here what it is, that'd really help.

Although, they might just be old pictures.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The old M3 - shipped prior to this year were top loaders

The new ones - dealextreme have been sending these since the new year are side loaders.

The link I have you on dealextreme will get you a genuine (they sell the fakes but list them seperately) when it comes it will have a side loader.

KieranD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kittymat said:
The old M3 - shipped prior to this year were top loaders

The new ones - dealextreme have been sending these since the new year are side loaders.

The link I have you on dealextreme will get you a genuine (they sell the fakes but list them seperately) when it comes it will have a side loader.

So have you ordered from them this year or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night