Hacking What version of Save Mounter is best for 5.05?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it make it anymore stable or reliable if I hosted the hack locally? Would it make any difference with the "there is not enough free system memory" shenanigans?

I'm hosting the files from my sandisk connect. it probably doesn't matter after they've been cached though, so I dunno if it will help at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as I mentioned, the only time I get that error or a kp is when deploying hen itself. I actually got a kp today before I did my avatar injection, right before I deployed the ftp payload. I think it might be due to having two things plugged into the usb drive, which I've heard I shouldn't do or that kp's and other errors are more prone with things plugged in.

Saladdogder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm hosting the files from my sandisk connect. it probably doesn't matter after they've been cached though, so I dunno if it will help at all.

as I mentioned, the only time I get that error or a kp is when deploying hen itself. I actually got a kp today before I did my avatar injection, right before I deployed the ftp payload. I think it might be due to having two things plugged into the usb drive, which I've heard I shouldn't do or that kp's and other errors are more prone with things plugged in.
Yeah, I make sure to have absolutely nothing plugged in. It still manages to crap itself out of memory somehow.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I checked tales of zestiria to make sure saves still worked after injecting the avatar. they do. keystone and injecting saves with save mounter work no problem.

are you using xproject?

Saladdogder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've been running it since you told that you were running it. Now I'm trying to do the payload/save mounter separately to see if that works.

I don't understand why every host has to be so different though, xproject has the savemounter+binloader wombo combo, and the other have them separated.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii or @Leeful I summon thee.
X-Project aimed for simplicity and ease of use.

Are you using 1.5.8 beta?

Save mounter is troublesome, search the forums for leefuls replies and you’ll find tips how to run it without borking your games. I honestly haven’t used it since writing the original tutorial.

Reactions: godreborn

Saladdogder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Save mounter is troublesome, search the forums for leefuls replies and you’ll find tips how to run it without borking your games. I honestly haven’t used it since writing the original tutorial.

Yes, I have tried both 1.5.8 beta and the 1.5.5 one, and the 1.5.8 being the only one with payload+save mounter combo.
Are there any other versions worth trying?

Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it was a breeze with the latest xproject for me, but I did forget to unmount a game, which is how I know how important that is. I also forgot to do every slot. I thought each game was separate and not the slots. mega man legacy collection 1 has like six saves, one for each game, then the main settings. I was very careful the second time. I did redo my old account after forgetting about those slots, then redid everything. one thing to note is that the system causes old games to crash if you didn't install them with the original account, so my old account wouldn't work with games anyway.

Reactions: KiiWii

Saladdogder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Lol, I'm trying ps-phwoar! from usb out and the save mounter+ftp seem to work fine there.
Then I click on "setup" in the save mounter and everything locks up!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I'm trying ps-phwoar! from usb out and the save mounter+ftp seem to work fine there.
Then I click on "setup" in the save mounter and everything locks up!

your ps4 is possessed. I had one of those with the ps3. whenever I'd load a ps2 game, wmm would not load afterwards. no one knew what the problem was.

Saladdogder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think I just forced it to understand that "the powers of Christ compels you (it)". I was trying every single version of save mounter out there, and this fucker decided to work with 1.2 in conjunction with ps-phwoar!. It looks like I'm getting to continue my 5 year old save of Bloodborne in 720p 60fps after all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s