1. DeadOneWalking

OP DeadOneWalking Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, I picked up a loose copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. I like to have ocarina codes ready so once I beat the game, I can mess around with things.
    Thing is, I found out there are two versions of the game, and I don't know which one I have.
    Is there a way to tell what version I have?

I hope this is in the right area, but if not please either let me know so I can make it in the right area and I'll ask for this to be removed, or if a moderator would simply move it to the correct area that would be fine as well.

2. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Maniac

China
    Do you mean PAL vs NTSC?
    I don´t think the game has different versions (unlike Wii Sports and Play).

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    drop the wbfs in a hex editor. I guess it depends on if which title id you mean as nintendo games have two. one is sometimes on the box of the game; the main one is hidden. that's the one the system uses. as long as you can find the normal six digit one, you can find the longer one.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

http://nswdb.com/ not wii, but here's what I mean. the six digit title id is the serial number

4. DeadOneWalking

Newcomer

United States
    Unfortunately, no. The thing is that using GeckoCodes.org, it lists the game once for the disk ID, but opening it gives three options. The values are different for a chunk of codes.
    https://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=SF8E01

Finding the six digit code is no issue, but I can't seem to find another string that looks like an ID code.

5. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    I think it's visible on the bottom side of the disc, near the center (I know that's the case for GC games, but I'm not sure about Wii)

jeannotte likes this.
  6. DeadOneWalking

Newcomer

United States
    I didn't see anything, but I could just not be seeing it.
    I did however decided to just try the codes. Both versions caused the game to lock up. Oh well, at least I can still play the game without the codes.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - version, Country, Returns