What Version Dreamcast Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Phillyman, Aug 31, 2007.

Aug 31, 2007
  1. Phillyman
    OP

Member Phillyman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I want to buy a brand new Dreamcast, But looking through information on the internet....well most is outdated. So does anyone know what model number or version of Dreamcast I should buy? I will be asking sellers on ebay to send me the information on what model/version they are selling to determine if I want to buy it or not.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Well, the performance it's the same on every single model of DC AFAIK, so it's all about your tastes, I had a SEGA Sports special edition, it was black and sexy, try to get that one.

3. sage_inferno

Newcomer sage_inferno Member

United Kingdom
    Dreamcasts manufactured before december 1999, are the only ones that read burned cd media like real ones, if thats what your asking.
    self booting images ".cdi" something there called should boot up nice
    the rest needs a chip or (utopiabootcd ,never worked for me but seems to work for others).

4. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Get a good emulator, like NullDC, and enjoy Hi definition DC on your HD TV (if you have one).
    In fact I have a perfectly working DC, but my HDTV does a relatively poor job at upscaling 480i signals, and does not have a VGA port, only component,s-video and HDMI.
    But my PC is hooked up to the lcd HDTV via HDMI and the emulated DC looks really good !
    Oh and NullDC is an outstanding DC emulator....