What update do 2011 Wiis come with?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Macopride64, Feb 20, 2011.

Feb 20, 2011
  1. Macopride64
    OP

Newcomer Macopride64 Advanced Member

Australia
    Hi,
    I just have want to ask what update do the 2011 Wiis come with ?
    Because I am buying a new Wii and I've heard you cannot use Bannerbomb to install Homebrew Channel for 4.3.

Can someone please answer from Australia or anywhere ?

Thanks

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    If it's a new wii, it'll have 4.3. Black and red ones always have it, but the latest brands of grey are more than likely as well.

I'm far from Australia, but since 4.3 has been out for a considerable amount of time, my guess is that this goes for every sold wii but second hand ones.

So...sorry, but you're going to have to look for another exploit. [​IMG]

3. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Haven't been in the Wii scene for a while, but I'm pretty sure the new batches come shipped with 4.3. Can't use Bannerbomb on them anymore, however several exploits have been released for LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Batman that are compatible with PAL firmwares. Once you have installed the Homebrew Channel, (this is optional, but highly recommended) you can install Priiloader which can enable hacks that re-enable Bannerbomb to work on 4.3 firmware.

4. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Why is that hack even available? Whats the point in bannerbomb once HBC is installed?