What upcoming game of 2023 are you most excited for?

What upcoming game are you most excited for?

• Total voters

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For all the negativity Tears of the Kingdom is getting, it's still the by far the winner in the poll. The more popular a game is, the more it attracts criticism.
Probably because some people don't like what this popularity means for the popular series as a whole - will we ever see a return to norm after BotW's and TotK's sales success? Or will the series just turn into a repetitive trek through bland open worlds with nowhere near as much character, and with nary a dungeon in sight, bogged down with frustrating and player-hostile gameplay mechanics?

Less popular games don't get as talked about, since comparatively fewer people care about them, though their flaws should still be mentioned - Bravely Default 2, for example, got rid of quite a few mechanical improvements Bravely Second added, and even some mechanics from the original BD (such as a proper quest list, being able to adjust wild encounter rate and whether EXP, JP or money is awarded, being able to save equipment and job loadouts for later, alternate costumes, etc.). If we do get another Bravely game, I do hope this all comes back.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The rest isn't very exciting either so.. :/
I'd disagree there; Pikmin 4 and Spider-Man 2 are exciting, as Pikmin 3 was great fun, as was both Spider-Man and Miles Morales. I can't wait to see what these two games are like, not to mention the new Layton game (which actually features Hershel, thankfully).

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.