Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
could someone tell me what type of brick this is

DSC00233.jpg

this screen comes up before health warning but the health warning can't be viewed as it freezes on this screen

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure looks like some fried components indeed. I'd say, pop the thing open (if it's out of warranty, that is) and check for a match-like or plastic-burn smell. Check if components can be replaced relatively easy (ehm, As far as I know that would be just the dvd-drive or nothing at all, in case of a wii) and find them cheap on ebay. Otherwise, off to the store for a new wii you go, because this most likely isn't a software-based brick!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well what i can do is run original disk games on it from the recovery menu which says my wii is 3.2e but i can't update via disc with 3.3e games i.e animal crossing as i think the wii thinks its also on 4.0 from when i installed waninkokos 4.0 updater

can't use tp hack as i don't have it in my save files no more and can't use smash stack as ssbb don't autoboot without a mod chip

and i can't get a mod chip as i have no money at the moment so if anybody has any ideas please i would like to know as i have been pondering on this problem now for almost 3 months if not longer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no to both the last replies and Yyhhggtt theres no need to be patronizing in your post i no i should of had bootmii installed but i totally forgot about it and as for preloader i had it on there but didn't realise that it gets deleted if you downgrade and before anyone says anthing about downgrading yes i know what i'm doin and ys the downgrade did complete it was a soon as i installed the bad csm it went like this

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm... well i guess a mod chip is needed.... should go save up... but remember next always have bootmii or preloader or both with a NAND backup insatlled...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...