what type of brick is this

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 25164963, Sep 11, 2009.

Sep 11, 2009

what type of brick is this by 25164963 at 11:42 AM (1,010 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. 25164963
    OP

Newcomer 25164963 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    could someone tell me what type of brick this is

[​IMG]

this screen comes up before health warning but the health warning can't be viewed as it freezes on this screen

2. azeazezar

Newcomer azeazezar Member

Belgium
    Its a purple coloms brick.
    Try a difrent tv.

3. Neversoft

Member Neversoft GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think it's the "You have a fucked GPU" brick [​IMG]

4. henkp

Newcomer henkp Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Sure looks like some fried components indeed. I'd say, pop the thing open (if it's out of warranty, that is) and check for a match-like or plastic-burn smell. Check if components can be replaced relatively easy (ehm, As far as I know that would be just the dvd-drive or nothing at all, in case of a wii) and find them cheap on ebay. Otherwise, off to the store for a new wii you go, because this most likely isn't a software-based brick!

5. 25164963
    OP

United Kingdom
    well this happened after i installed a bad custom system menu (theme) then this just came up

6. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I saw this on another forum here, guy had the same screen as you, his english was real bad, no good responses to his post, either....................

7. 25164963
    OP

United Kingdom
    well what i can do is run original disk games on it from the recovery menu which says my wii is 3.2e but i can't update via disc with 3.3e games i.e animal crossing as i think the wii thinks its also on 4.0 from when i installed waninkokos 4.0 updater

can't use tp hack as i don't have it in my save files no more and can't use smash stack as ssbb don't autoboot without a mod chip

and i can't get a mod chip as i have no money at the moment so if anybody has any ideas please i would like to know as i have been pondering on this problem now for almost 3 months if not longer

8. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    have bootmii or preloader? if not... thsts what you get for not having those...

9. Timmy5000

Newcomer Timmy5000 Advanced Member

United States
    Ive had this happen to me before
    BOOTMII
    Did you save a nand file before you did this?

10. 25164963
    OP

United Kingdom
    no to both the last replies and Yyhhggtt theres no need to be patronizing in your post i no i should of had bootmii installed but i totally forgot about it and as for preloader i had it on there but didn't realise that it gets deleted if you downgrade and before anyone says anthing about downgrading yes i know what i'm doin and ys the downgrade did complete it was a soon as i installed the bad csm it went like this

11. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    hmm... well i guess a mod chip is needed.... should go save up... but remember next always have bootmii or preloader or both with a NAND backup insatlled...