ROM Hack What tools do I need to edit a Pokemon rom

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im thinking about making my own custom rom of pokemon HG/SS and wanna know what tools I would need to be able to do this, I just wanna play around at first but if things go good i might release on here, any ideas where I can start

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
yusuo said:
Im thinking about making my own custom rom of pokemon HG/SS and wanna know what tools I would need to be able to do this, I just wanna play around at first but if things go good i might release on here, any ideas where I can start

dont bother to make an hg/ss hack no one play.....

make a d/p/p hack with 5th gen rare and unique//

i use my persnol office tools..........which my dad got for me from his office it has everyhting from movie editing to movie making to rom editing to editing anything sa and downloading stuff which are not free for free

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks alanjohn for the link that will help alot, and flygon guess what i have red shoes so there

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
As for 4th Gen Pokemon Roms (DPP/HG/SS),

You can use PPRE for most of the things.
Also I think you will need PPTXT or something like this for text editing.
Also, you will need to change Starters and so.

Sorry, that's all I know since I tried once and reject it.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so im upto Violet City in editing, i've changed alot of the text and wild pokemon you find upto that point, for example route 29, just outside New Bark Town, ive replaced all the wild pokemon with every starter pokemon from all gens (minus 5th gen) but what im trying to do now is to change the starter pokemon you get from Prof. Elm in New Bark Town, (I was thinking Mew, Celebi and Jirachi)

PPRE doesnt do this, so if anybody could help me with the name of a program that can, it would be appreicated, also a the name of a program that changes the gym leaders pokemon and levels would be good as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work