GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bored...so, I'm going to take a look at some of the games I think folks will want to keep an eye out for as publishers make their holiday push:

C.O.P.: The Recruit
Release: Nov. 3
Ubisoft / Action-Adventure

cop-the-recruit-20090819110407560_640w.jpg

What many folks (I don't include myself amongst them, however) had hoped Chinatown Wars would have been, a 3D, open-world thing. I'm not getting my hopes up too much for this the game -- it's produced by Ubisoft after all -- but it's obviously one worth checking out for fans of GTA-style gameplay. The cityscapes look a bit barren to me, but it could still be fun.

_______

Rabbids Go Home
Ubisoft / Adventure

rabbids-go-home-20090720013700869_640w.jpg

Another Ubi publication, and though the Rabbids haven't done much to speak of on DS thus far, I always hold out hope for those crazy critters. This one looks like it could be a mix of one of those Rube Goldberg puzzle games and adventure. Who knows...

_______

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
LucasArts / Action

star-wars-battlefront-elite-squadron-20090526002123520_640w.jpg

Personally, I think we've seen enough Star Wars related "stuff" to last several lifetimes, but hey, it's Battlefront...on the DS. I'll give it a go -- no doubt about that.

_______

WireWay
Konami / Action

wireway-20090820043132425_640w.jpg

Konami, in my opinion, don't have a much better track record on DS than Ubisoft, but this game looks like it could be a lot of fun. I've really gotten into the recently released Go! Go! Cosmo Cops! (still playing it), and this seems to draw upon similar inspiration. I'll be looking forward to this one, too, when it releases.

_______

Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

Release: Nov. 10
Namco / RPG

dragon-ball-z-attack-of-the-saiyans-20090602051254077_640w.jpg

I believe the Japanese version of this game has been out since April, but for most of us, this will be the first opportunity to partake. I'm not the biggest DBZ fan (I prefer the regular Dragonball, and even then, I'm not that into it), but I likes me some RPGs, and the whole Dragonball thing is growing on me.

_______

Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Mobilized

Activision / FPS

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-mobilized-20090817040238686_640w.jpg

The first one was decent, World at War was better, and another good shooter is always welcome on DS, as far as I'm concerned. My gut tells me it won't be great, but when the pickings are slim (and you're a pirate), you gladly take what you can get. Am I right?

_______

Phantasy Star 0

SEGA / RPG

phantasy-star-0-20090127052332938_640w.jpg

Again, already out in Japanese, but English-speaking folks will finally get a stab at it this holiday. I played some of the J version and dug it, so I look forward to being able to tackle the game fully when it releases for the States.

_______

TMNT: Arcade Attack

Release: Nov. 11
Ubisoft / Action

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-arcade-attack-20090902032513517_640w.jpg

This one's pretty iffy, especially after Reshelled, but it's nice to see a new TMNT brawler come to life. Folks are already squawking about it being in 3D, but I like the look of it. Will Ubisoft mold it into an enjoyable game?
unsure.gif

_______

Honorable mentions include: LEGO Indy 2 and Need for Speed: Nitro. But that's gonna do it for this list. December doesn't actually hold much interest, which seems to make sense, considering folks will be doing the bulk of their holiday shopping in November. I think we'll have plenty to tide us over, though, on DS alone. And considering September and October, I think it's fair to say that any threads related to "Is the DS dead" are mere troll fodder. Also, this is, by no means, a comprehensive list, and in the interest of discussion, please feel free to post your own additions you think people should watch out for.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Another Ubi publication, and though the Rabbids haven't done much to speak of on DS thus far, I always hold out hope for those crazy critters. This one looks like it could be a mix of one those Rube Goldberg puzzle games and adventure. Who knows...

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I added Rabbids to my Hype Machine hoping to finally have a straight up 2D side scrolling platform game featuring the rabbids and sadly it looks a bit more like Lemmings or Mario vs. DK so far.

Rayman's 2D side scroller offerings were great, I wonder why they won't allow themselves to actually make a decent one for DS. The first Raving Rabbids was like a pale imitation of how good they all could be.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sweet, those are some nice games. I was hoping for more, but meh
biggrin.gif

Anyways, yeah the Rabbids games are a joke on the DS. For example, the one with the board game and many mini-games. A def shovelware title.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its me but the whole lego thing died for me after the first/second one,now there becoming the type of games that won't go away....as for the list maybe dragon ball z,Phantasy Star 0 looks good (havn't played the (J) version) and TMNT kinda looks like the good ole nes turtles days not sure but we'll see.....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually gonna tack on another of my own, though technically it's slated for the end of Oct. Either way, this game looks really cool. I'd heard of it, but IGN finally got the first footage, and woah! This game looks great in motion. I was thinking it would be another Orcs & Elves, but this thing moves like butter in real-time, with some particularly impressive fog effects in one scene.

FightingFantasy_wft_rpboxart_160w.jpg

Check out this video of Fighting Fantasy.

andyp350

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im really looking forward to:
- Professor Layton (not out in UK yet)
- Kingdom Hearts
- Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics
- Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story
- Scribblenaughts
- Space Invaders Extreme 2

D

Deleted_171835

No Bowser's Inside Story! C'mon, that's my single most anticipated game, second going to Scribblenauts.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cop, COD, and Phantasy star 0 look great. I may give dbz a try. Everything else looks rather meh to me. Thanks irpacynot

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like good games are coming in Nov. great.
smile.gif
But btw, I think Scribblenauts is going to suck for people who don't live in the US&A or in the UK. because some words are unknown for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/