What to get?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zone97, Sep 26, 2007.

Sep 26, 2007

What to get? by zone97 at 4:26 PM (979 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. zone97
    OP

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am about to get a Wii, and would like to know what mod chip to get (and where)..

I have ALOT of GC backups, and whatever mod I get needs to be able to play GC backups.. Also I would like a mod chip that is being activly updated. I would hate to get one that a firmware or some other update causes not to work..

thanks..

2. Tylon

Member Tylon GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I think WiiKey would be a good choice now when the 1.3 config disc has been released.

3. zone97
    OP

United States
    Well after a reading a few reviews, and looking at their site, I have gone ahead and ordered the wiikey.. seems it will do the trick and looks easy enough to install.

4. Tylon

Member Tylon GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Good choice [​IMG]

5. zone97
    OP

United States
    Ok well I just cancled my order... why? I found out there is a possablitly that I could get a D2C chip which the wiikey doesnt work with..

anyone in the US know what the likelyhood of getting this chip might be... (hint) will be had around xmas?

6. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    100% It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to buy a D2B without Cut legs or a D2B with cut legs. They are REALLY hard to come buy, seriously dont even thing about modding it. until a d2c modchip comes out you'll be legal on that thing [​IMG]

7. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The likeliness that the wii you buy now has a D2C chip is near 100%.
    Also "actively updated" doesn't apply to WiiKey that much. Yes they've released their update recently, but Wiinja had their 3rd updates months ago, while WiiKey promised their update would be released soon, even before that.

Just because they finally release their update because it had been leaked out before anyway, doesn't mean they are actibely updating...

Anyway, I don't think you'll be seeing any interesting updates for any chips soon, as drive chips don't allow much more then allowing backups to play.
    And I guess you need to wait for D2C compatible mod chips anyway, or find a pre-modded wii somewhere...

8. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah i got a wii about a month ago and it did have a D2C chip, but luckily my friend at work had an older wii she traded me so i could mod it since they dont care about modding their wii.

Also supposedly in 10 days there will be a D2C modchip, the only problem is it might be a 30 wire installation, check out this link.

Modchip for D2C Wii

9. SPiko

Newcomer SPiko Advanced Member

United States
    I knew I camped out for a launch unit for a good reason. [​IMG]