What to do with possible fake Acekard2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Huma, Aug 31, 2011.

Aug 31, 2011
  1. Huma
    OP

Newcomer Huma Member

United Kingdom
    So I bought an acekard2i from Lightake after the decent reviews, I also have to admit the delivery came in good time too. However as I tried to verify the card on the acekard website, it had already been activated before.

-So what should I do?
    -Has anyone dealt with them before?
    -What are their returns policy like?

I will of course contact the seller but I just wanted to hear your thoughts, thanks

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    acekard is not using unique codes for each ak2i. they are recycling codes. your code was printed on many 2i units and i am sure it has been checked a number of times. because your code was checked does not instantly mean your ak2i is fake.

-another world

3. Huma
    OP

Newcomer Huma Member

United Kingdom
    Well that ok then but then I just noticed this. The printing of the "2" in the acekard logo looks very blotchy?

[​IMG]

4. Another World

Colombia
    are you looking for validation so that you can get your money back?

it looks like a real 2i to me. put akaio on it and start enjoying it. if you have problems you won't know about them until you try to use it.

they aren't going to allow you to return it because you *think* its a clone. try ds download play, try wifi, try games with known AP patching, try all of the features of akaio, etc. if you discover problems then post back, if we can't debug them then you can discuss the possibility of it being a fake/clone.

or you could just crack it open and show me pics of the front and back of the PCB. thats a 99% sure fire way to tell but if you do that you will have to pry the glue apart. it will be much more difficult to return it then.

-another world

5. Huma
    OP

Newcomer Huma Member

United Kingdom
    yeah I guess your right, I would rather not send it back to be honest its too much hassle.

6. Another World

Colombia
    hey mate,
    apparently a round of fake acekards have been sold. RHS is telling their users to return it. Ackeard is saying that the anti-counterfeit code should be unique to each unit.

i have contacted acekard to get to the bottom of it.

please so a bunch of testing with akaio and let us know what is working and what is not. also try updating the bootloader or downgrading it if you can. you may have a clone and i would like to know as much about it as possible before your return it for another.

please read this: http://gbatemp.net/t307086-rhs-stells-fake-ak2i

-another world

7. jasjeet

Newcomer jasjeet Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Dammit i just ordered 2 Acekard 2i's from lightake after reading that they are authorised dealers, now will these end up being fake too? I thought it was only RHS that sold fake ones =(

OP when did you order yours, how long did it take to arrive?

8. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    To anybody from the uk, if ordering order from xpertron, its a bit more expensive but i can guarantee you the 2i's they sell are genuine, plus 2 or 3 days at most for delivery.

Here is the pics of my first one, forgive the tattyness of the card, i cracked it open to verify it. i am waiting on another one in the post, should get it tommorow.

9. jasjeet

United Kingdom
    I got 2 from lightake for £16 so its a lot cheaper than the site you mention and its supposed to be an authorised dealer as its on acekard.com's reseller list. Im not in any rush for delivery so i thought i may as well go with the cheaper option, but you are probably garunteed a legit one from a near-UK seller

10. tiggerlator

United Kingdom
    Well were i get mine from, they are £18 so not much more, and 2 or 3 day delivery, plus i know they are genuine. I know were i will be ordering from in the future.

11. jasjeet

United Kingdom
    I got 2 for £16! lol so £8 each, £18 is a lot more.

12. tiggerlator

United Kingdom
    Sorry i misread it, lets just hope you don't get fakes eh [​IMG]

I dont mind paying extra, i cant stand the 3 or 4 week delivery, and tbh £18 is fuck all.

13. jasjeet

United Kingdom
    Yeh im just a cheapskate lol I dont really play DS, i bought 1 game Super Mario 64 at release. its been packed away for about 2 years, i couldnt justify £25 for a minigame those days, i took it out and it had 70% battery still so i started playing again ahaha.
    Thought id get a flashcart to extend my play.

14. Themanhunt

Member Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah I ordered a 2i from Lightake a few weeks ago, haven't got it yet. Im sure it'll be fine tbh, if it can deal with the latest updates of everything then it's official - simple as.

15. tiggerlator

United Kingdom
    Just got mine, tested anti clone fine first time, running 1.8.8 and atsumete kirby works [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordered monday got it today.

And its working in my 2.1.0-4E 3ds fine too, out of the box.

16. jasjeet

United Kingdom
    Is it a good idea to post your code up? You probably get all the cloners try to use it.

17. tiggerlator

United Kingdom
    Edited to remove number, it would come up as already tested so people would think the number was fake anyway.

18. jasjeet

United Kingdom
    Acekard has shipped today. I will update on receipt.