What to do with nonpaying ebayer...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, May 13, 2008.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    On the 4th of May, I decided to sell some of my junk on ebay. A lot of them sold but then came one item that's giving me problems from one buyer. The auction ended on 4th May and he never paid. I sent an email and he says, "Oh. Sorry. I asked my partner to do it. I'll get it ready". 5 days past and I decided to send another email and he says that he would pay on Monday. Monday has come and gone by and I decided to send another email asking what's going on.

Nothing. At this point I decide to give him an ultimatum and sent him another message. Pay before the end of the week or I will give him a negative feedback.

I really don't want to believe this to be another "WHOOPS. I HAVE COMPUTER PROBLEMS" and it's unusual since the seller has 200 feedback with 3 negatives from last year. How would you deal in this situation and how can I prevent this next time?

2. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    If he don't pay end of the week then report him to eBay. You've already gave him enough chances.

3. SleepingDragon

SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    P3X-719
    Unfortunately, if tehy haven't paid by this Friday, they probably plan not to. Negative feedback and reporting them to E-Bay is your only recourse. Don't feel bad about it. He is obviously not new to E-Bay and knew the rules as well as anyone.

4. Dack

Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 26, 2007
    UK
    Pity you can't actually leave negative feedback from Thursday due to the recent Ebay rule changes.

Start the non-paying bidder process. That way Ebay will at least have a record of it, and when he hit's you with a neg (as buyers can still leave negatives), you should be able to have it removed/voided.