Hacking What to do with my Switch? (SX Pro and 6.1)

noreason4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I just received my SX Pro Dongle and wonder what I should do now.

This is the situation:

- Switch running 6.1 but already downloaded 6.2 and nagging about it
- 200 GB MicroSD. I never inserted it into the Switch and thus don't know if the Switch already has ExFat Support
- Switch linked to my Nintendo ID
- No NAND Backup

Should I go ahead and mod my switch now?

- Will I be able to update to 6.2 without going online again?
- Should I wait until SX Pro supports 6.2, update my switch to 6.2 (in case there is no 6.3 by the time 6.2 arrives) and then start modding it?
- Is there a chance to enable exFat Support on my switch without installing 6.2?

Thank you!

Last edited by noreason4,

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if is in 6.1, most likely already have exfat support
i think you can turn off this update nag, i remenber seeing some post about that in the forum
unlik your account asap
MAKE A NAND BACKUP

noreason4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was unable to find an option on how to unlink the ID. It says I need to reset the whole console (losing my saves...) Is there any other way to unlink the console? Then again I heard, that some games require a linked ID, is that true?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if is in 6.1, most likely already have exfat support
No firmware automatically supports exFAT. You can be on 2.0 with the exFAT patch but on 6.1 without it; its completely separate from the firmware.
Hey all,

I just received my SX Pro Dongle and wonder what I should do now.

This is the situation:

- Switch running 6.1 but already downloaded 6.2 and nagging about it
- 200 GB MicroSD. I never inserted it into the Switch and thus don't know if the Switch already has ExFat Support
- Switch linked to my Nintendo ID
- No NAND Backup

Should I go ahead and mod my switch now?

- Will I be able to update to 6.2 without going online again?
- Should I wait until SX Pro supports 6.2, update my switch to 6.2 (in case there is no 6.3 by the time 6.2 arrives) and then start modding it?
- Is there a chance to enable exFat Support on my switch without installing 6.2?

Thank you!
You can check if it has the exFAT patch by going to System Health & Safety and checking the letter next to the number 3. If its A, you do not have exFAT support but if its B, you do. If you update to 6.2, you will be unable to use SX OS and have to either use another CFW that supports 6.2, such as ReiNX or Atmosphere, or downgrade back to a firmware that supports SX OS and not be able to use Sleep Mode.

Although you really don't need the exFAT patch as everything can be accomplished with FAT32 plus not having to deal with corrupted SD cards unlike exFAT, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to patch exFAT support into any firmware you feed it.
I was unable to find an option on how to unlink the ID. It says I need to reset the whole console (losing my saves...) Is there any other way to unlink the console? Then again I heard, that some games require a linked ID, is that true?
As of firmware 6.0, you cannot unlink the Account from the console. The only way to do so is by deleting the associated User according to Nintendo. However certain games require a linked account such as Pianista and there is currently no way around those requirements. Add on that Nintendo rarely bans the account and its better to have a linked account than not.

Reactions: noreason4

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately you cannot unlink your account since FW 6.0 and yes - some games require a linked account. But I guess you can count this games on one hand.

noreason4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No firmware automatically supports exFAT. You can be on 2.0 with the exFAT patch but on 6.1 without it; its completely separate from the firmware.
You can check if it has the exFAT patch by going to System Health & Safety and checking the letter next to the number 3. If its A, you do not have exFAT support but if its B, you do. If you update to 6.2, you will be unable to use SX OS and have to either use another CFW that supports 6.2, such as ReiNX or Atmosphere, or downgrade back to a firmware that supports SX OS and not be able to use Sleep Mode.

Although you really don't need the exFAT patch as everything can be accomplished with FAT32 plus not having to deal with corrupted SD cards unlike exFAT, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to patch exFAT support into any firmware you feed it.
As of firmware 6.0, you cannot unlink the Account from the console. The only way to do so is by deleting the associated User according to Nintendo. However certain games require a linked account such as Pianista and there is currently no way around those requirements. Add on that Nintendo rarely bans the account and its better to have a linked account than not.

Thanks! I don't plan on going online with the switch anymore anyway.. none of my friends own a switch and by the time they do there most probably will be a revised option available.

So basically I should delete my internet information, and start with a NAND Backup and then continue with SX Pro. By the time they support 6.2 I will be able to update to 6.2 without the need to connect the switch to the Internet I guess?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I don't plan on going online with the switch anymore anyway.. none of my friends own a switch and by the time they do there most probably will be a revised option available.

So basically I should delete my internet information, and start with a NAND Backup and then continue with SX Pro. By the time they support 6.2 I will be able to update to 6.2 without the need to connect the switch to the Internet I guess?
You can update online officially or with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. Its recommended to update with ChoiDujourNX because it can allow you to keep exFAT support and AutoRCM when updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol