What to do with my 3DS firmware...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WoJjTeK, Dec 7, 2013.

1. WoJjTeK
    OP

WoJjTeK GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    Poland
    Hi guys, I need to ask you one thing. Currently I own a 3DS XL which I unfortunately updated to 5.1 FW before I knew that the Gateway works only on 4.5 FW. I was wondering what should I do : just update to 6.3 FW ( iirc the DS mode settings exploit still hasn't beed patched in that one ) , download Ace Attorney quickly and turn WiFi off, or wait on 5.1 FW. I took a look at 3dbrew.org , but couldn't find any info on any exploits on higher firmwares than 4.5. So should I update or wait ? Thanks in advance for your answers :)

2. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    If you want to play 3ds Roms sell and get a 3ds with 4.1-4.5 firmware if you don't care about that update it to 6,3

3. WoJjTeK
    OP

WoJjTeK GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    Poland
    Yeah, but it's easier said than done. Nintendo died in Poland with the end of Gameboy Advance era , and now it's Sony's domination here. That's why it's hard to buy new 3ds xl for reasonable price , and selling mine wouldn't be the easiest thing to do either. That's why for now I want to stick to my 3ds, just wondering if I should update or not.

4. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    If 3DS is really unpopular in Poland as you suggest, that could mean the games are also really expensive or hard to find, too. If that is the case, you really should listen to what CJL18 said. Sell your current 3DS and buy a 4.5 or below. This should make your life much easier down the road.

5. Ennea

Ennea GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Just pay Germany a visit, then :P