What to do with a lot of broken printers?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey all
I work with maintenance of printers and computers , and well some printers that can't be saved get abandoned by their owner, being sure that they are not getting back, these things really take a lot of space ...
Some we take some pieces to fix another but yeah ...
12970658_1008705045878358_170501133_o.jpg 12959569_1008705039211692_1920527720_o.jpg

Mostly are epson , some HP, other lexmak or canon, etc and these aren't even half of them XD

D

Deleted User

What do you mean by broken?
If they're truly broken (wont power up, wont print), you could scrap them.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
send me the ink
which ink? hahaha

What do you mean by broken?
If they're truly broken (wont power up, wont print), you could scrap them.
from being flooded with residual/waste ink and burned circuit boards, obstructed/broken printer heads :B

Take them out into an open field and set them on fire. Bring your co-workers. It'll be an office-theme bonfire.
this is awesome but what abou the poluition? D:
lol

Program a microcontroller to move the print head carriage at certain rates to make music. Bonus points to synchronize all of them to make an orchestra of printers. :D
tris is truly awesome but I can't do these stuff jashjahs XD

well the idea is get pieces that could be used to fix others and scrap the rest, but I mena, what I could do with these rest?

If I could only trade all of these (and the ones that aren't on the photos XD) for one 3D printer I would be happy =3= lol

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make a fort out of them

just throw them away, take whatever parts you need out of them and scrap the rest

Reactions: Sliter

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have sex with each and everyone of them, and then have a well relationship with them, and dump their asses a year later. In the trash.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I think of broken printers the only thought that comes to mind is:

Of course if you're serious you could sell them to someone who could use the spare parts, or possible give them away (but sometimes free is too much).

LOL WHAT XD a vide like this don't sonds bad with one of these much hahahaha

make a fort out of them
there's a idea! haha

just throw them away, take whatever parts you need out of them and scrap the rest
well this is the main idea if nothing more come sto do with ...

Some have an visor that looks the size fo a GBA screen .. if I coud just place it on the GBA >w> hahaha

or get like 2$ for each ... I could get some art books I was looking for
Where are these NPC that buy loots when you need them ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have sex with each and everyone of them, and then have a well relationship with them, and dump their asses a year later. In the trash.
omg o... what if some get pregant ?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Off the top of my head: the step motors and gearboxes (and some of the wiring) can be used/sold to make 3D printers.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about where you live, but where I am, if you put it out on the curb with the rest of the garbage the night before garbage day, it'll probably be gone in a few hours (well before the garbage man comes in the morning) then it's the problem of some other sucker.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'd probably scrap motors and whatnot out of them, I could make a lot of use out of them. If you're really enterprising, see if you can scrap the shells of the machines and you can craft them together with a little bit of heat and make yourself some custom shells for mini computers (Arduinos, Raspberry Pis, etc). Heck, if any of them have an LCD, you can salvage it and make use of the displays if they're in decent working condition.

See if you can get some buttons or dials too, those don't come cheap. Speakers and buzzers too!

Last edited by loco365,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE