What To Do With A 3.61 FW Vita (3g model)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Startropic1, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Startropic1
    OP

Startropic1 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    So I just replaced my Vita, I didn't know about the 3.60 FW hacking thing when I ordered it. It's running 3.61, but the curious thing is this is the 3g model and it appears that the AT&T lock is turned off. Maybe CFW is already installed and just spoofing 3.61 ? I need to access PSN to download all my PSN games though, but I don't want to update to 3.63 if a 3.61 hack is more likely than 3.63, (I'm very patient, I'm willing to wait things out for the long term if need be.)

What should I do? :huh:

2. YugiSenpai

YugiSenpai GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2017
    Canada
  3. Startropic1
    OP

Startropic1 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    Sooo, after some research I see I can just swap out the motherboard to get to FW 3.60. Surprisingly not that expensive, and looks a little easier to do than a PSP mobo. (I've taken apart/repaired PSPs many times.)

I guess I'll update my Vita to 3.65 so I can DL my PSN games, then I'll eat the ~$30 when I get paid and change the mobo. B-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice