What to do with $100.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$100 sounds like money, but its not. It's not enough to do anything real, anyway. I started out my personal Xmas shopping (buying for me instead of buying for wife and kids, which was already accomplished for the most part) with $300.

I started out with some used Xbox games, then got a used wired "S" controller for $13. Still wasn't happy, so I bought a Logitech cordless Xbox controller. My oldest kid's getting a Wii for Christmas from his grandparents (mom and I got him an electronic drumset - I would rather have bought the Wii), and I want to go back and finish some Gamecube games that got put on the shelf a few years ago when my daughter was born, so I also bought a couple Wavebirds.

Now I have $100.
cry.gif

What do I spend it on?

-- nothing. save it.

-- get some used Gamecube games

-- buy Wii points

-- get the SC-DS(1) even though the SCLite works great and there's probably a SC-DS(2) coming later

-- lapdance and b___job. (just kidding, really ... my wife charges a lot more than that)

Crap, $100. any ideas?

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I would buy some used Gamecube games (gota be cheap by now) and some Wii points and then still buy the SCDS(1).

You should be able to squeeze that lot into the $100.

But maybe hang onto the $50 for the SCDS(1) until some more people post their reactions to it....

biggrin.gif

Trune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah $100 doesn't really go far these days, you could always put it in a high interest fund and compound it over 30 years and walla, cash cow! haha..

Well if you're feeling a tad towards moving out of the land of the lazy you could always buy some dumbells

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Tama suggested dinner with the wife. Did that Saturday. And Bowser suggested buying her something nice. Did that earlier this year - $8000 diamond ring. Think that oughta hold 'er for a while.

meh, it was a stupid thing to be posting to begin with. I'd try the lighting my smokes thing, but I quit smoking 3 years ago.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Buy me a bus ticket to your house and I'll give your boy a drum lesson.
Then we can play WiiSports until your kids hit the sack.
Then me and you can discuss philosophy into the night, over a dry martini or three.
..it'll be fun! Well worth a benjamin!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte