Hacking What to do? Want to play Pokemon Ultra Sun but must update?

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No,I haven't found any tutorial about this because I did it by myself.However I don't remember where I got the friend list app.Do you know if we can link stuff because I don't think we can on gbatemp.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is, if I update my system I apparently can't get homebrew back (mainly use it for genning pokemon). But I'm afraid of the risk of being banned if I download a CFW.

That is a little tough. If you were CFW'd you'd be able to do a lot more. I can't really think of too many options, but buying a legit system (Nintendo refurbished 2DS) might be better for you.

No,by downloading the friend list app (it's a system app).Because the system verify the version of the friend list,the system think that i'm in 11.6 but i'm in 11.2

I don't know if you can inject stuff (like system files) without CFW.
-------
No,I haven't found any tutorial about this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/11-3-and-you-build-that-update.460117/

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is a little tough. If you were CFW'd you'd be able to do a lot more. I can't really think of too many options, but buying a legit system (Nintendo refurbished 2DS) might be better for you.

Alright, I'll just see if I can download CFW. But I still have this question: If I were to upgrade to a CFW, would my chances of being banned be highly increased? I'm not really going to do much things that are different from what I do with Homebrew.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Now that I think about it, you probably can with a patched FBI, like how we used to downgrade to 9.2. However it would be incredibly dangerous - if you installed the wrong thing or it was corrupted the 3DS could brick and you would have no way to recover. Whereas with B9S you could recover easily.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

-------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/11-3-and-you-build-that-update.460117/
Thank you H1B1Esquire.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But you need cfw to follow that tutorial.

Last edited by Joeado123,

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that I think about it, you probably can with a patched FBI, like how we used to downgrade to 9.2. However it would be incredibly dangerous - if you installed the wrong thing or it was corrupted the 3DS could brick and you would have no way to recover. Whereas with B9S you could recover easily.
I'll just download the CFW. But would my risk of being banned be highly increased? Also, is 13,000+ enough to download the CFW?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll just see if I can download CFW. But I still have this question: If I were to upgrade to a CFW, would my chances of being banned be highly increased? I'm not really going to do much things that are different from what I do with Homebrew.

Read everything before you start the CFW process.

If you don't do wild things, you'll be mildly okay, especially if you run programs through homebrew and you don't use certain things online. You should also look into erasing your logs after you run the programs for CFW if you didn't use them from HB. I also recommend getting a banned seed just for running online programs that don't have .3dsx.

-----

Now that I think about it, you probably can with a patched FBI

That's true; the golden times :sad:

But you need cfw to follow that tutorial.

Yeah, that's one problem.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,
Reactions: Quantumcat

firefist202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yes you hardly need any room to install CFW. You'd only need room if you want to install more games.
I don't really think I'm going to install any more games.
Alright, so I'm going to download the CFW probably tomorrow. Is there any things I should keep in mind while doing so, so I won't screw up something?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll just download the CFW. But would my risk of being banned be highly increased? Also, is 13,000+ enough to download the CFW?
No I had Them for two years ans I Never got banned.If you are cautious avoir what you are Doing Than your going to be fine but don't forget that there's always a risk.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't really think I'm going to install any more games.
Alright, so I'm going to download the CFW probably tomorrow. Is there any things I should keep in mind while doing so, so I won't screw up something?
Just read the guide carefully, read entire pages before starting each page, and if you're confused or doubtful about any part, ask us and you should get a reply pretty quickly

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't hesitate if you have question while installing cfw on your system. I did the process whole progress 6 Times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu