Hacking What to do now with my new PSTV?

nbvcxy206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there everyone !

Recently I bought a new PSTV. Now it´s installed, HENkaku enabled. Great.

First thing to do with it, obviously: Play games. Wonderful. Also there are homebrew games and emus. I know. I also know the Steam game stream app, though I didn´t try, yet and doesn´t make much sense for me since I play better at my desktop.

But now I ask myself: What else can I do with it ?

Ok, there is a mail client and a browser. Though it does not make so much sense without a keyboard. Are there wireless keyboards compatible with the PSTV ? With a keyboard still the browser seems a bit slow, outdated, uncomfortable. Aren´t there any other (actual) browsers ?

Next thing, are there any apps? I mean, apps, as we know them from our tabs and phones. Something to make the PSTV more useful.

For example:
- A audio / video player with (PC) network streaming capabilities (FTP / SMB support)
- Some remote client (TeamViewer, VNC)
- Some streaming service app (Spotify, Netflix etc.)
- Some office tool (Microsoft Office, Libre Office)
- Some ebook / comic reading app (ComicRack, Adobe Reader, MoonReader)
- Some reading flat app (readfy, readly, Skoobe)
- Messenger / Chat app (Skype, Whatsapp etc.)
- Social network app (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat etc.)
- Any other kind of app (f.e. Ebay, ParcelTrack, Cloud, FileExplorer etc, etc, etc.)

I mean, as long as the thing is just to play with it (or use a few extra features with a PS3/4), it seems a bit like a waste to me and I might consider to sell it again then, since other set-top boxes or consoles would be much more useful then for me.

Thanks !

Last edited by nbvcxy206,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, as long as the thing is just to play with it (or use a few extra features with a PS3/4), it seems a bit like a waste to me and I might consider to sell it again then, since other set-top boxes or consoles would be much more useful then for me.

The PSTV is basically a vita in a box to be used in a TV, if playing Vita/PSP/PS1 games and a few homebrews/emulators is not enough functionality for you... Well you bought the wrong device then...

Reactions: m37r01d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?