What to buy :/

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i have done some work now over the summer and I'm thinking on buying some fun stuff for the money i earned.

Currently Owning following system:
DS Phat +R4 Wood (really shitty touch screen)
NES
GameCube

Thinking on Buying one of the Following:

Nintendo Wii Black Bundle with Wii Sport/resort + motion plus and Metroid Other M (pre-order)
or
DSiXL + AK2i or DSTWO

what do you guys think? :/

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends, if you think your ds will live till the 3DS comes out, buy the wii. But if the TouchScreen is really that shitty than buy the DS. But I agree with scrtmstr, buy a Lite and keep your R4. There aren't any good DSi only games anyway , and sure the XL screen is nice, but it takes a while to get used to a smaller screen again and since the 3DS won't be that big (at least if you plan to get one). If you don't plan to get a 3DS than you might just get a XL if you want to~!
biggrin.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't already own a Wii, I'd go for it. There a few really good games coming up and some of the titles out already are really enjoyable.
I'm not sure if the black Wii's are as easy to hack as the white ones though, you may want to research that.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
If you don't already own a Wii, I'd go for it. There a few really good games coming up and some of the titles out already are really enjoyable.
I'm not sure if the black Wii's are as easy to hack as the white ones though, you may want to research that.

I always buy my console games, and pirate my handheld once if possible
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You should buy a Wii if you also can use it as a media center/emulating older systems which you have fond memories of.
You can also play Gamecube on it, pretty neat feature.
Also keep in mind that the Wii is primarily a party console, so if you have some friends with a Wii, that definitely helps. Just invite them over and play some SSBB, MK Wii, Boom Blox, ....
That's where it really shines.

I'm not so happy I bought it for the gaming experience, but I'm very happy with the multimedia experiences it gives me.

m3ian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say get the dsi xl with dstwo. Dsi xl feels really good in your hands. I own an Acekard 2i and there's nothing special about it besides the build quality of it. It has basically no features other than playing homebrew and roms, though it does have a calender. Dstwo has a lot more features such as GBA and SNES emulation.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
m3ian said:
I'd say get the dsi xl with dstwo. Dsi xl feels really good in your hands. I own an Acekard 2i and there's nothing special about it besides the build quality of it. It has basically no features other than playing homebrew and roms, though it does have a calender. Dstwo has a lot more features such as GBA and SNES emulation.

but is DSTWO as good with updates for new roms?

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CrimzonEyed said:
m3ian said:

It doesn't have to update.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Scott-105 said:
CrimzonEyed said:
m3ian said:

It doesn't have to update.

:wtf: Really? :wtf:

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6456-1-1.html

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get the Wii. Wait a week or two until after the 3DS is released, if current flashcarts don't work in DS mode on the 3DS then get a DSi XL in the sales. There are bound to be lots of sales as they will need to shift their stock to make way for the 3DS.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
think i will go with the Wii then, i love metroid and DSiXL with a flashcard is almost as pricy as the wii + metroid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY