Homebrew What to buy to backup games?

Deleted member 577307

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
What do I purchase to backup games?

I want to backup my games to an external HDD but I heard the Wii U USB ports give insufficient power to the HDD, in which you need a USB Y plug, that I cannot find. If you have an external HDD attached, where did you get it and what are you using to power it? I'm hoping everything I need can be found on Amazon but I'm not sure what to search for. Thank you!

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can also just buy an external hard drive with a separate power plug, or get a USB 3 hub that can deliver enough power to your external drive, or even buy an external SSD that pulls less than 500mA.

Personally I went with the USB hub so I could use 2 external drives (one for vWii, one for Wii U), the Wii U GC adapter, and LAN adapter, all at the same time while also having some more ports to power various other things for my TV, like my amp for my speakers, a Bluetooth sender for my headphones, and an HDMI switcher. Everything works like a charm without any performance degradation.

Reactions: realg123

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can also just buy an external hard drive with a separate power plug, or get a USB 3 hub that can deliver enough power to your external drive, or even buy an external SSD that pulls less than 500mA.

Personally I went with the USB hub so I could use 2 external drives (one for vWii, one for Wii U), the Wii U GC adapter, and LAN adapter, all at the same time while also having some more ports to power various other things for my TV, like my amp for my speakers, a Bluetooth sender for my headphones, and an HDMI switcher. Everything works like a charm without any performance degradation.
If you don't mind me asking which USB hub did you buy?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you don't mind me asking which USB hub did you buy?
I just got a powered one from Aukey, but really any powered USB 3 hub will work, check the listing for how much power per port you get and what the max is, then get one with as many ports as you need or want. As long as they connect to a USB-A plug any USB hub will work and perform basically identically to any other on the market.

Reactions: realg123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all