Hacking What to burn with on OSX?

Damian1221

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having some trouble burning disks for the new softmod backup loaders. I am using the superdrive burner that comes in macbooks. I have burned many ISOs and I am positive that they all are correctly patched and such as well as my Wii being set up correctly, I am thinking it is something going wrong with the burn settings or something. i have burned using Disk Utility and Disco at speed 2x, 4x and 8x but have gotten a DVD Identify error every-time and Toast Titanium 9 says I need to enter the sector numbers or something because it can't identify the ISO type. I have also burned SWTFU on an HP desktop with IMGBurn and still gotten the identify error. So far I have burned everything on Sony DVD-Rs could that be the problem? Is there some setting I have to choose? Also will burning on DVD-RWs work?

bnninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice to see a fellow mac user around these parts =)
i open and burn the patched isos using disk utility on cheap dvd-r discs
i didn't change any settings and i haven't made a single coaster yet
wink.gif

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pretty much because there is no known file system on the .iso so the software has a fit. I was asked for the same numbers when I tried to use toast. Did u try to burn it with no values for the sector numbers?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I use OSX and have had 3 games burn perfectly with an app. named "Burn" type in
Burn OSX on Google.)

Right click the ISO, then click open with "Burn" Leave all settings exact, and Click "Burn Disk"
Takes about 20-30 minutes, but have had no bad burns yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over