What the? My microSD card went crazy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tokyo Jihen, Sep 25, 2010.

Sep 25, 2010
  1. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I was playing my Acekard 2.1 a couple hours ago, then I come back to it a couple minutes ago, turn it on, and it was just stuck at the blue loading screen. I did some searching and found out that it had to do with a problem with my microSD contacts, so I popped my microSD out and plugged it in my computer. I was surprised to see that my microSD was named "Swedish" when it previously had no title. Reading the files inside it (which are all weirdly named with something like " = 0BG3.til") it seems like the files belonged to SnemulDS(which I was playing Earthbound and made a lot of progress earlier!!), but they are very large files, around 500mb to 2 GB (4 GB microSD). So did the Snemulds file basically corrupt my microSD files? Any way to recover saves? >.< I save my files every once in a while, but I didn't get the chance to for the new games I got... Frick.

2. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    It once happenned to me (but on R4) and pretty much you're screwed.
    Data got corrupted.
    Unless you use some kind of file recovery tool (which will most likely return you even more corrupted files), you are out of luck.

3. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thankfully I was able to recover my files via freeware. If anyone is wondering what I used, it was MiniTool Power Data Recovery (Free Version) which can be found on download.cnet.com. So happy right now [​IMG]

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    That sounds like a useful tool, I'll try and remember it.
    I haven't made my microSD corrupt in like, forever though, last was when I tried to dump a rom using an EZ Flash 3in1.
    Big mistake, I'll stick to the Slot-2 method.