Hacking What System Menu Version do you use/perfer?

System Menu Versions List:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Det1re said:
daxtsu said:
4.0, 4.1, 4.2, they're all the same depending on how you update, and what you install afterward.

You can't say that. 4.1 has the Wii Sports Resort video bug removed, which is a notable feature, especially for softmod users.

I forgot about that..
unsure.gif

But otherwise, they're all basically the same.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trucha Patched 3.4, for most of the 3.2 reasons above. If a game does need a new IOS, I can ust use NUSD or DOP-IOS Mod on it. And I can still play out of region games and everything with no hassle. See no need for the SD menu....

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
urherenow said:
Boot 1 CANNOT BE CHANGED
Not really
Only Boot0 is on the read-only memory, so boot1 can be changed
But since Boot0 does a lot of checks on Boot1, its not doable to change it (since you'd have to modify Boot0 as well, which is really impossible)

Ok... you got me on semantics
bow.gif

I should have said that you cannot change boot1 without bricking.
rolleyes.gif

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I followed a guide and went from 3.2 to 4.2 because I couldn't be bothered finding all the missing IOSes I needed to get games that needed updates to run. 4.2 seems to have disabled my modchip's region free capabilities. Even my imported games didn't work. So I started using the cfg usb loader instead of discs. usb loader is coooool.

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use 4.1, latest updated system menu without the 4.2 checks.

the system menu is only a GUI there are very few features to the system menu. [apart from the obvious]

there is no reason not to update all IOS to latest unstubbed versions and apply patches.

the system menu is meaningless. you can easily and safely run 3.2 and play every game from original disc, backup disc or usb loader.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's actually no reason not to stub the ones that have been stubbed unless you plan on installing an older system menu. They are stubbed because no game ever has or ever will use that IOS. It's simply a waste of space.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
so after reading 200 million posts about this i have decided not to upgrade as the only thing it will stop me doing is running a game from a disc if its not 4.2 but i can rip to hard drive and will work fine and id normally rip the game anyway so theres no benefit when i dont need this extra sd menu thing and the hassles of the patching etc

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm currently on 4.2E as for what i prefer to me they are all the same ninty just added some more junk like SD menu it really makes no difference,the latest region fix was no problem since my chip only has partial region free so ive always used gecko os or config Im pretty much playing the same as i was back on 3.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D