Hacking What System Menu Version do you use/perfer?

System Menu Versions List:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you want it now, update your wii via the settings to get it, then hack it again using that guide I mentioned above. If you update officially, skip the "Updating your wii" part.

QUOTE said:
I'd much rather give nintendo the responsibility, if it bricks while updating then they can pay to fix it.
Well, the risk of making N eat their failed update is getting back a new wii with 4.2, a fixed boot1 and a D3-2 drive. They're hackable, but much less capable than a launch console. Playing DVD-Rs means $$$ for a new drive, and bootmii/boot2 won't run on it. There's also the downgrade limitations that come with the new units (menu

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smf said:
MalayZN said:
4.1............ too lazy to update to 4.2.... but everything work sdhc was since 4.0 I think my 16gb is working and USB loader all the way~!

4.2............ too lazy to update shop any other way (BBC iPlayer rocks if you're in the UK).
What's wrong with staying on what firmware you like and just update IOS's with dop-ios and update the shop channel and you're laughing

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
smf said:
MalayZN said:
4.1............ too lazy to update to 4.2.... but everything work sdhc was since 4.0 I think my 16gb is working and USB loader all the way~!

4.2............ too lazy to update shop any other way (BBC iPlayer rocks if you're in the UK).
What's wrong with staying on what firmware you like and just update IOS's with dop-ios and update the shop channel and you're laughing
He's too lazy to, as he said

I use 4.2
Didn't bother to use homebrew untill then.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2 for me and every wii i mod i put it up to 4.2
smile.gif
official update from the big N

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So should I update to 4.1? (Can you tell me how to also)
Use this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

That includes a safe update to 4.2 + hacks. I personally don't know how well the latest one works, since it has gone through so many revisions and I haven't used it recently, but most everyone recommends it.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
jazvdb said:
Seriously 4.2 has everything other system menus have...
it also runs like 300000 more lines of code before it starts up. its the vista of the system menus.
Saying it's the vista of system menus really isn't helping if you like 4.2.
rofl2.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bert02 said:
bnm81002 said:
bazamuffin said:
With apps such as NUSD and WAD Manager (or Zektors automated safe updater) you can safely update your Wii by installing only necessary IOS's, Shop Channel and System Menu. Your HBC, cIOS and Boot2 will stay intact. I find 4.2 slicker looking and slightly faster than 3.2 with the added bonus of an SD Menu allowing you to have access to 100+ Wiiware/VC titles and SDHC support up to 32gb

is this true so all I have to do to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.2U and all of my HBC, cIOS's and Boot2 will stay the same, I just have to install which wads from NUSD? is there anything else needed as well? I also have Bootmii and Priiloader installed in my Wii too

alot of ppl go on about updating to 4.2 blah blah its not that im scared ill brick it i just dont want to because i could lose my hbc boot 2 etc

so how would i update then and keep bootmii as boot2
i have v3.2e
hbc version 1.0.6 dunno what title (cant see it in any title deleter)
boot mii v1.1, stub v1.1, mini v1.1, and it says system menu 3.2e boot1b boot2v2 how do i do this boot2v4?
priiloader .3b

heres a signcheck list of the ios i have and version etc
i just dont wanna lose bootmii as boot2 really or have to try and setup my programs again

xflak40 said:
QUOTE(techboy @ Jan 19 2010, 09:25 PM)
No its not. Officially updating to 4.2 will:

* Upgrade boot2 to v4
* Remove all cIOSes except IOS202 and IOS250.
* Delete outdated HBCs with the HAXX title ID, and v1 of DVDX.
* Remove bootmii as boot2.

If you are determined to update, follow the "Modify Any Wii" guide in the stickies. It includes a safe update (no boot2v4) to 4.2, plus the necessary hacking. It should work fine on a hacked console, but as always, no guarantees when it comes to modding. I personally have not used the guide since it was updated to use DOP-IOS MOD for everything.

it will only remove bootmii if your boot2 is updated... so for example, if u have boot2v4 with bootmii as boot2, and u upgrade, u will not lose bootmii as boot2

but if u have boot2v3 or under, your boot2 will update to boot2v4 and u will lose bootmii as boot2

I just created a 4.2 Update Auto-Downloader for PC (by xflak40).rar (fyi, this is perfectly legal to share). This makes it easy for anyone to upgrade their wii to 4.2 without needed a wifi connection on their wii. Just follow the instructions, and make sure u install IOS70 before the system menu

will this work for mine then
looking into it its just a batch file to auto download the correct files u need so are these the right versions needed
also since i dont have the patched iso for truncha bug since i dont have the updated version so i need to get it and patch it or just not install it

2 things

1) Boot 2 gets updated when using NINTENDO'S UPDATE. This does not mean boot2v4 is part of system menu 4.2 like the idiot OP thinks. Everyone here that is on 4.2 via any of the "safe" updaters is running 4.2 WITHOUT boot2v4 (how is this possible again if boot2v4 it was actually a part of the system menu?) OP... quoting your so called experts would be better if you actually knew how to READ and UNDERSTAND what they are talking about because you so obviously don't.

2) Why are people still affraid of loosing bootmii as boot 2? The bug that allows bootmii to be installed in boot2 happens to be in boot1. Boot 1 CANNOT BE CHANGED, not even by Nintendo so if you could EVER install bootmii as boot2 then you will ALWAYS be able to install it as boot2. Bottom line, run Nintendo's update and you'll end up with boot2v4. Run hackmii again and bootmii will happily install back to boot 2. No problems.

Or use a safe updater and boot2 will never get touched.

OP you have been schooled (and ignored so don't bother trying to PM me again).
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
urherenow said:
Boot 1 CANNOT BE CHANGED
Not really
Only Boot0 is on the read-only memory, so boot1 can be changed
But since Boot0 does a lot of checks on Boot1, its not doable to change it (since you'd have to modify Boot0 as well, which is really impossible)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because it has no functional difference, except for a few things*. 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, they're all the same depending on how you update, and what you install afterward.

*4.2 needs Startpatch/Priiloader for region free, for example, though...

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
daxtsu said:
4.0, 4.1, 4.2, they're all the same depending on how you update, and what you install afterward.

You can't say that. 4.1 has the Wii Sports Resort video bug removed, which is a notable feature, especially for softmod users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: