What System Menu is best?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pm_41, Jul 27, 2009.

?

Which System Menu is best?

1. 4.1 is great! Always good to be up to date!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4.0 IS UBER!!! Look at my skinned System Menu!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3.2 is better than the both of them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. "We're no strangers to love..." :P

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other Version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jul 27, 2009

What System Menu is best? by pm_41 at 2:05 AM (1,204 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. pm_41
    OP

Member pm_41 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently updated to 4.1 using waninkoko's updater. However, I'm starting to regret it. I have been hearing that 4.1 enables auto-updating. Also, I miss my themes... [​IMG]

What System Menu do you guys recommend?

2. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Im not reccommending, Im just stating that I have no use for the faster SD reading speeds or have a SDHC card available for use with the SD Card menu. With that in mind, I have stuck with 3.2

There are others also who have stayed at 3.2, while everyone else is now at 4.1

Every single game that has come out works at 3.2, and I am able to play videos on MPlayer CE at USB 2.0 speed, though I am not sure if those at 4.1 can do the same.

There are themes for both 3.2 and 4.0/4.1, DarkWii Theme has been released for all.

3. leemufc

Member leemufc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    what is the best system menu is a bad question and been covered before
    i say what ever works best for the individual

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I am a loyal fan of 3.2, and today I decide to update to 4.1 to test this FW around, 4.0 is the same shite but this has the fix for the WSR about the SD menu and relaunching the game, don't remember, in a week from now, I'll decide if I stay with this 4.1 or go down to my precious 3.2....!! [​IMG]

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Nintendo will never have auto-updating. The most they can legally do is give you WiiConnect24 messages to update. I don't know where you heard that from... I guess it happens every time the System Menu gets updated since 3.4?

3.2 is extreme homebrew happy-happy euphoria (no Twilight Hack destroying attempts), but 4.1 has the SD Card Menu. I don't use the SD Card Menu, but for some reason I went onto 4.1. [​IMG]

6. Alex Finlay

Member Alex Finlay GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    First off Nintendo could auto update your wii not in standby though; WiiPower Don't quote me on this as i don't have a Amazing memory but anyways, in #Cios

WiiPower:Nintendo could auto update you by checking for updates while on standby and when you turn on your wii asking you to update, if you say no it turns your wii off.
    I asked what about just turning your wii off and turning wireless off.
    the update could be saved to your nand, Another person said what if you didn't have enough space in your nand.
    Another person from #cIOSParty said that in the nand it has something like 64k free just for update *not 100% sure on the amount of space*
    So relating to what i have typed, auto updating is possible but 1 flaw in what ive just typed is that you could have bootmii installed and just bypass it by going to homebrew menu and downgrading.
    Also Because of what Alexrose made a statement that they could remove bootmii and update your boot2 and delete homebrew this is what i have to say:
    For 1, bootmii uses boot1 to install bootmii so as long as the bugged boot1 is their its always going to be possible to reinstall bootmii,
    2 new ways of installing homebrew will always come into play no matter how hard nintendo try for all wii's with boot1 bugged its going to nearly be impossible for them to fix without flashing the nand to fix boot1 *which i doubt they are going to do to everyone exploting this*

The infomation about nintendo and boot1 is true, but the bit about them actualy deleting homebrew and boot1 is theory That we had a argybargy in #cIOSParty about lol.
    Also i would personaly stay at 3.2 as WiiPower also said don't quote me on this,
    About nintendo auto updating...(Hence thats where he gave the idea)
    Also you can install ALL 4.1 updates on a 3.2 while keeping it 3.2 using dop IOS v7 i believe you just need to find the info about what IOS is the right ones.

After reading a bit more also, Nintendo have FULL legal rights to auto updating you using the Newest Eula(what ever its called) In most countries.
    But biggest of all and the best way is just to TURN YOUR WIICONNECT24 off! (seen as everyone uses waninko's updaters anyways)

Thanks, Alex.

7. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    4.1 is fine and i´m pretty sure that there will never be something like a real Auto Update

8. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I can't see them enabling auto update after this long. Also think about what would happen if it was auto updating without you knowing and you turned your Wii off from the socket at that same time.