What swap will let you run PS1/PS2 games on slim?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Bryce, Jul 15, 2006.

Jul 15, 2006
  1. Bryce
    OP

Member Bryce GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Well, I just bought a PSTwo with Bemani, and I really want to play the JP versions. So, now, I'm in the process of finding the right mod chip. I really wish I knew someone who could solder, but I don't, and I don't want to risk killing my PSTwo. So, I'm only looking at the swap method mod chips/CD things. Do any of them let you run PS1 AND PS2 back-up games? I only see the PS2 ones.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    you should think about getting a soulderless mod chip. just slide it in and hey preso it's done.

3. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    I think the disc to play PS1 games was called 'breaker pro' or something... not 100% on it though. You could probably just use a retail PS1 cheat disc instead... most you can swap for a PS1 backup once you've loaded up and they'll boot fine (just make sure the sensor is fixed down), essentially it's the same thing as the breaker pro.
    At the end of the day Swap Magic + Breaker Pro = cost of a good mod chip, you'll presumably have to pay to ship your PS2 to someone to mod, but it'd be worth it IMO. =)

4. Bryce
    OP

Member Bryce GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts: