What stupid things did you think about a videogames when you were a child?

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
playing a level of auto scrolling and dying on the edge of the screen I remembered the times of the past and I remembered something very stupid that I thought about the auto scroll, after a while and seeing what you guys thought, I'll say what I remember

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well... Since my first experiences with video games were game&watches, which had a sort of black lights to indicate positions of enemies/falling blocks/you, i presume pc's worked in a similar way. So when i played an actual pc game (point n click, in green /black) , i couldn't really grasp how all the graphics worked. Were these all stored in the pc somehow?

Oh, and also the classic: blowing in the cartridge helps. Heck... I could've been the one who started the trend in the first place.

Reactions: impeeza

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That you could make a living with game reviews. Honest games reviews.

Over the years there have been countless incidents of companies bribing reviewers/their bosses in exchange of money by purchasing website banners. It burst my little bubble of hopes and dreams. Then it cemented my disappointment the time when I discovered that most reviewers don't play video games until completion, or at least enough to really call it a day. I get that you have deadlines, but why would you play 30 minutes of a game like POKEMON FREAKING MYSTERY DUNGEON and give it a 6 out of 10? If you don't have the time just write a "preview". But I guess that's not what these companies want.

El_Misterioso

CIA Agent
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
now I will say mine, I thought that the edges of the television had something that could kill any video game character, this came about thanks to autoscroll, the truth is I laughed when I remembered that I thought this

Reactions: AncientBoi

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was a kid in the NES days. I used to think every single possible screen -- every combination of background, characters, enemies and objects -- existed on the cart as a separate .bmp file.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever there was a non-interactive door in the background, I always thought there must be hidden rooms/levels in them if I could only find a way to open them.

I later promised myself that if I ever made my own games, every single door would have something behind them. Even if they were locked, I would program something in, because what if someone used a cheat device or a hack to enter them somehow? it would blow their minds if something was actually there. :lol: (An example of this actually happening in a game is the infamous bath scene in Landstalker.)

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2