Gaming What Speed do you download at??

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I max out at about 2400Kbps (300KBps), but I tend to hover around 1000Kbps (125KBps). Often though, I can get stuck at 400Kbps (50KBps) (it isn't just my router - I did a little experiment, and the same thing happens at similar intervals with different types of router) - sometimes it jumps back to ~1600 after a router reboot (but not always
frown.gif
).
I'm on an older "Up to Eight Meg" Karoo package (from last year), where my "Fair Use Cap" only clocks up between 1800 and 0000. I'm unlimited otherwise
biggrin.gif
. £15 a month - not too bad, considering.

The newer packages are really shocking though - they are all capped 24/7 (except perhaps the most expensive package, which is about £40 per month). The speed is "supposed" to be higher, but my friends who "upgraded" barely notice the difference (even the rich ones who are on the "epic" package barely get 5Mbps, when they used to be getting 4Mbps). I hope I can get better speeds when I'm at University
tongue.gif

Damn you BT+Government for not paying to make the Telecom network Fibre-Optic! Damn COPPER!
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: the Karoo cap is in Gigabytes per month - as opposed to a speed cap

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
aphirst said:
I max out at about 2400Kbps (300KBps), but I tend to hover around 1000Kbps (125KBps). Often though, I can get stuck at 400Kbps (50KBps) (it isn't just my router - I did a little experiment, and the same thing happens at similar intervals with different types of router) - sometimes it jumps back to ~1600 after a router reboot (but not always
frown.gif
).
I'm on an older "Up to Eight Meg" Karoo package (from last year), where my "Fair Use Cap" only clocks up between 1800 and 0000. I'm unlimited otherwise
biggrin.gif
. £15 a month - not too bad, considering.

The newer packages are really shocking though - they are all capped 24/7 (except perhaps the most expensive package, which is about £40 per month). The speed is "supposed" to be higher, but my friends who "upgraded" barely notice the difference (even the rich ones who are on the "epic" package barely get 5Mbps, when they used to be getting 4Mbps). I hope I can get better speeds when I'm at University
tongue.gif

Damn you BT+Government for not paying to make the Telecom network Fibre-Optic! Damn COPPER!
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: the Karoo cap is in Gigabytes per month - as opposed to a speed cap

LoL at all the caps, I pay £18/Month for 24MB with no caps at all, unlimited. They have a fair use clause in the contract but they have never used it yet, it is just there to protect them incase their network gets severly overloaded and they need to start capping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE