What speakers to buy?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Skye07, Jan 1, 2009.

Jan 1, 2009

What speakers to buy? by Skye07 at 1:23 PM (850 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Skye07
    OP

Member Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    My current ones are getting old, music goes from loud to extremely quiet to loud again constantly.

My budget is about €50 to €100, anyone know good ones? I listen to music on my laptop all the time so I always have speakers plugged in.

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Logitech x210 if you just want 2.1 setup.
    Logitech x510 for superiour sound at a lower price. It is a 5.1 setup though.

3. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    i have these and they are gooood

4. Skye07
    OP

Member Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Does't have to be real surround or anything, just some good ones so I can listen to music in decent quality and of course ones that go loud [​IMG]

I don't really have an idea what the differences are between 2.1 and 5.1 and such :/

EDIT:

It seems the X230 and X210 are only €10 difference, the X230 got a little more Watt but is it worth the price?

5. Lockon Stratos

Member Lockon Stratos GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well if ure budget's 50 - 100 then I say u blow the lot or just get good speakers normally the shops you buy them from have advisors there don't they?

6. ashesburn

Member ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Logitech Z-2300 Multimedia Speaker System

You'll never regret it!

About 94pounds on www.amazon.co.uk.

Should be within your budget now since pounds depreciated. [​IMG]

7. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you want to go for something fancy, get the previous suggested ones if you're willing to shell out enough money.

However, if you want cheap yet still good quality speakers that aren't surround sound, it looks like the Logitech S-220 speakers might be for you. They're not as high tech as the previous ones, but it's functional and it has a surprisingly powerful sub woofer for only around 25 bucks.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16836121014

8. nin10do

Member nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Taiwan
    the logitech x210 are alright for that price but the x230 speakers cost only slightly more yet have considerably better osund quality.
    i have recommended the x230 to many freinds and everyone has always said they are fantastic.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-X-230-Mul...1799&sr=8-4

oh and the base on them is awsome [​IMG]

btw in both models the wires might be a bit annoying if you like to keep your desk cable free.

9. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    I have the Logitech X-230 for my bedroom media PC it is nice except a bit too strong of bass so you might want to turn it down some via the PC even when its all the way down on the back of the bass itself it can still be extremely overwhelming....

I also have the Logitech X-510 in my living room for music and soon to be media Playback, also extremely nice pretty nice sound for the price but as the X-230 the bass is pretty strong I have the bass on the computer set to 40% and all the way down in the back for nice sound otherwise it can also get overwhelming at points where you just do not wish it to do so.

So as the bear and others have said these are nice options.

When I wish to play some extreme bassage I will turn that bad boy up to max and just let the whole place shake ;-)