• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What sources back up the anti-vaccine movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
the vaccines have no efficacy
almost 80% of COVID hospitalizations are fully vaccinated
source : Australian government

also UK government had a similar report
and P town mass there was an outbreak , 80% of those infected were fully vaccinated
and 4 out the 5 that had to be hospitalized were fully vaccinated and on had one shot of either Phizer or Moderna
all 3 sources show that in real life not in some big pharma funded study that at best the the vaccines has a 20% efficacy , anything less than 51% efficacy amounts to a coin flip and is therefore 0% efficacy
20% actually shows you are greater risk of being hospitalized if you got fully vaccinated
could be due to evolving mutations or it could be that the vaccine is causing ADE reactions

Also I had COVID and I had a ADR from Ciprofloxacin in 2015
COVID was not fun , I had 103/104 temp for a month straight, mostly gastrointestinal symptoms
but it went away and I am fine now

the ADR I had from Cirpo was the worst experience of my life and I have permanent nerve damage and tinnitus
I rather take take my chances with the virus any day
until you have had a a neurological ADR you have no idea how horrific it can be and nobody will help you
I went to the ER probably close 100 times ,different hospitals ,
non e helped, some threated to arrest me for no reason
if you get fucked up by these big pharma poison you are on your own
I spent thousands to supplements and other naturopathic remedies
took years for most of the problems to go away and I still have the tinnitus and some neuropathy

the countrry you use as a source has not that many cases to really use this data as data that is general usable, get your data from the patients in the netherlands, usa, germany, china... you've got a far better scope on what really counts if you're talking about great numbers. no i don't just trust the gov for info, i like various data to compare.
not just our nos (wich is goverment paid, but also RTL news wich is corporate paid, then there is trouw wich is paid by churges, my wife working as a helping in care (don't know the english for it, she helps in recovery care), a friend of her working as a nurse...) isreal is one exceptional country telling us that that they have a real large number of vaccinated people and i doubt they're lying getting back to the hospital.
wierd thing is around here it's really obove 70% unvaccinated that get in to the hospital while this is still less then 31 percent of the people here.so the balance is really heavy towards those unvaccinated.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[runs around and Vaccinates Everybody. even if they didn't want it] I Want Out Of This Pandemic, NOW! :angry:
If only.

yes you could argue that but also you need to factor in herd immunity from people who may have already had it or had it and were asyptomatic and that case works in Australia but what about P-town
we are talking about one outbreak and 4 out of 5 were hospitalized
plus I think that outbreak happened close to the beginning of the vaccine rollout
and not as many in MA were/are vaccinated as in Australia
and the numbers were similar, similar 20% figure , 4 out of 5

Anyways I am not going to take it , the decision was pretty much already made for me anyways because I already had it and both my parents had it
natural immunity supersedes the vaccine anyways
from studies which I don't put much faith in and from personal anecdotal evidence

My dad is in his 70's , got COVID in march 2019 , works at a major international airport ,does not not take ANY precautions no mask no sanitizer no hand washing and he has not got reinfected, if he has not got reinfected nobody is going to get reinfected
there is no way he would not have been reinfected by now if natural immunity waned anywhere near as fast as the vaccines
he got it at the beginning and does NOTHING
amazingly I was infected by my mom and not him though who does take precautions but did something stupid and let her guard down
As others have pointed out, natural immunity isn't an excuse for not getting vaccinated. The data isn't clear about how effective natural immunity is, natural immunity can vary due to all the different variables involved (in contrast, vaccinated immunity is more controlled and understood), natural immunity wanes just like vaccinated immunity, and you get a bigger immunity boost if you have natural immunity and then get the vaccine. In fact, a lot of the data anti-vaxxers are throwing around in support of natural immunity is data showing the large boost in immunity after natural immunity AND vaccination, not just natural immunity by itself. We've already known for a long time that getting vaccinated after recovering from COVID-19 likely resulted in a more robust resistance to the disease than those who just got vaccinated without ever having the disease.

As others also mentioned, natural immunity is not something people should rely on, since getting the disease itself comes with significantly higher risks than what you would get with the vaccine.

TLDR: It is highly recommended that even those who have had COVID-19 get vaccinated.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a pact between 110 coutries and pharma corcerns like pfizer giving them too much credit to protect their interests despite any later researches and pandemic charts. That was just too big financial deal, but it may lead to something more suspicious, include some hidden goals of freemasons of agenda 2030 and global new order. Well if we know now that nwo is not a theory but a fact, so we can expect from them the worst. 0,1% trust for health care is the max i can give, but that's only my opinion. Sweden and UK have also very high amount and rate of infections and deaths despite they are most vaccinated countries, but that will never be concerned to stop this proceder or not, toxic vacinces have to be sold.
Sounds like a hell of a conspiracy theory there if you believe something like NWO. Since when did that become a "fact"? lmao

Just because Sweden and UK being the "most vaccinated countries" doesn't mean that everyone is vaccinated at those places. There's still millions there that are unvaccinated, so of course the infection rate is still high in those places. In fact, billions of people are still unvaccinated around the world, it's no wonder there are still folks being infected left and right since not everyone can get the vaccine (because of no availability near them) or chooses to not get one and potentially endangers others around them that are also unvaccinated.

Again, while vaccinated people can still get infected, they have much better chances of survival and mild illnesses compared to those unvaccinated. So while you can gloat about the whole "high infection rates", how about a showcase of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated in surviving COVID-19 along with damages after recovery like damaged lungs and organ failures which is already shown more on the unvaccinated than those vaccinated.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sounds like a hell of a conspiracy theory there if you believe something like NWO. Since when did that become a "fact"? lmao

Since it was announced by prime minister in my parlamaint:

In fact "NWO" was declared officialy only once, now we have here "Polish Order", but that's the same meaning.
Last 10 years we heard all the time about "The Sustainable Development" in media and now the "Polish Order".

Why? because of goals of this agenda:
800px-Sustainable_Development_Goals.jpg

Never heard of it? all countries have the same, how to achieve it if not to have same global politics and deep country?
Of course it looks nice at first look, I don't mind if all the goals have positive aspects, but anyway people are people and this looks like area of propaganda sponsorships, just fishy way to earn easy money.

Of course you have your opinion about vacines, but i just can't agree. All these countries contracted vaccines for next 3 years from few monoplists who don't want to take liability for thier product without any quality standards. And it will be selling as long the people won't comply. As for me this procedure has nothing with medicine.

Personaly if this vaccine would cure every disease, and make me rich and immortal and super stuffed, or make anyone else I would never agree. No in this unclear way, no because I am not indifferent to abortion which is needed to produce it, which make all these goals above just sadly funny. Science ends when it meets with ethical borders.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since it was announced by prime minister in my parlamaint:

In fact "NWO" was declared officialy only once, now we have here "Polish Order", but that's the same meaning.
Last 10 years we heard all the time about "The Sustainable Development" in media and now the "Polish Order".

Why? because of goals of this agenda:
800px-Sustainable_Development_Goals.jpg

Never heard of it? all countries have the same, how to achieve it if not to have same global politics and deep country?
Of course it looks nice at first look, I don't mind if all the goals have positive aspects, but anyway people are people and this looks like area of propaganda sponsorships, just fishy way to earn easy money.

Of course you have your opinion about vacines, but i just can't agree. All these countries contracted vaccines for next 3 years from few monoplists who don't want to take liability for thier product without any quality standards. And it will be selling as long the people won't comply. As for me this procedure has nothing with medicine.

Personaly if this vaccine would cure every disease, and make me rich and immortal and super stuffed, or make anyone else I would never agree. No in this unclear way, no because I am not indifferent to abortion which is needed to produce it, which make all these goals above just sadly funny. Science ends when it meets with ethical borders.

This isn’t a matter of opinions, it’s either you have a source or you don’t. So far, I am just going to say that those against vaccines have no sources, only opinions and distractions from their lack of sources. The entire point of this thread is just a request for verified sources and nothing else. So far, I’ve not seen that.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since this thread has gone on a lot longer than it should have, let me definitively answer the OP's question:
None.

Only Traitor Trump supporters and other extremely low-IQ folks disagree. And when that is the case... you have your answer.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since this thread has gone on a lot longer than it should have, let me definitively answer the OP's question:
None.

Only Traitor Trump supporters and other extremely low-IQ folks disagree. And when that is the case... you have your answer.
I am aware there aren't any sources but at this point, I am interested in seeing what sources are posted and challenging them as to why the sources aren't peer-reviewed.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware there aren't any sources but at this point, I am interested in seeing what sources are posted and challenging them as to why the sources aren't peer-reviewed.
I don't see how one can challenge facebook post of my Racist Aunt Linda and my Drunk Conspiracy nut uncle BOB?

Reactions: Dakitten

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem with your approach, and this thread, is the undefined scope of your question. Literally nobody, not even medical professionals, disagrees that vaccine injuries do exist, and that vaccines do have possible side effects - those figures are often in the same studies that prove efficacy of the vaccines. What do you actually consider as “proof” here, and what’s your threshold, because you haven’t specified that? I also don’t understand why you’re so aggressive with other people’s personal healthcare decisions - none of this is anyone’s business. Not only that - the expectation of peer reviewed studies regarding side effects of vaccines that were rolled out a year ago is odd. You’re asking for proof that may or may not exist yet, at least with cohorts of any relevance. That’s not to say that the vaccines used against COVID are any different or more dangerous than traditional ones (arguably they’re actually safer, but we’d go off into the weeds on that one), but I’m perfectly fine with accepting that there are some unknown quantities at play here, considering how massive this roll-out is. Given current statistics they appear to be exceedingly safe, but are they safe for everyone? No. Will some people suffer from side effects? Yes. I feel that being honest about the issue is better than doing the “haha, you’re stupid” routine. You’re putting on a scientist gown when you’re not a scientist yourself by any stretch of the imagination - it seems like posturing to me.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The problem with your approach, and this thread, is the undefined scope of your question. Literally nobody, not even medical professionals, disagrees that vaccine injuries do exist, and that vaccines do have possible side effects - those figures are often in the same studies that prove efficacy of the vaccines. What do you actually consider as “proof” here, and what’s your threshold, because you haven’t specified that. I also don’t understand why you’re so aggressive with other people’s personal healthcare decisions - none of this is anyone’s business. Not only that - the expectation of peer reviewed studies regarding side effects of vaccines that were rolled out a year ago - you’re asking for proof that may or may not exist yet with cohorts of any relevance. That’s not to say that the vaccines used against COVID are any different or more dangerous than traditional ones (arguably they’re actually safer, but we’d go off into the weeds on that one), but I’m perfectly fine with accepting that there are some unknown quantities at play here, given how massive this roll-out is. Given current statistics they appear to be exceedingly safe, but are they safe for everyone? No. Will some people suffer from side effects? Yes. I feel that being honest about the issue is better than doing the “haha, you’re stupid” routine. You’re putting on a scientist gown when you’re not a scientist yourself by any stretch of the imagination - it seems like posturing to me.
The question for this thread has always been just to provide evidence to back up the movement and request that it be verified evidence. At some point it eventually lost track of that request and honestly, I think it just became me being an asshole towards anti-vaxxors. In all honesty, this thread lost it’s purpose and should have been locked long before that point

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So 17 pages just to get the answer that the sources that back up the anti-vaccine movement are the same ones that back up vaccine effectiveness? lol.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The question for this thread has always been just to provide evidence to back up the movement and request that it be verified evidence. At some point it eventually lost track of that request and honestly, I think it just became me being an asshole towards anti-vaxxors. In all honesty, this thread lost it’s purpose and should have been locked long before that point
I figured as much, because it sure doesn’t look like it’s going the way you’d expect it to, judging by the name.

Wish granted. If you change your mind, you can always ask to have it re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs