What size microSD card do you use with your vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by playstays_shun, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    correct, obviously you will need to zzblankimg the new SD card and format correctly; 200gb+ SD cards have to be formatted with a cluster size of 64kb, smaller SD cards default cluster.

2. playstays_shun
    OP

playstays_shun GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2019
    United States
    yep but thats it, just pop it in with same data, and system will think its like nothing ever happened (except for showing more available space) is that right?

Thats assuring,

3. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    spot on, i think it automatically refreshes the database when you start up again, you will not need to refresh the livearea

playstays_shun likes this.
  4. Vovonator

Vovonator Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    Brazil
    256GB

Enviado de meu MI Note 2 usando o Tapatalk

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, of course after de-partitioning (vulgarly called "flashing zzblank.img and reinserting") and formatting it

It never hurts, though it will probably just say 0 items refreshed :)

6. seeWood

seeWood Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    Germany
    Im using 128GB and for me it is enough. Got to go with Adrenaline and Vita Games!

7. Kazuto-Z-

Kazuto-Z- Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    Macau
    I use a 64 gb, might get a switch lite later on so 64 is enough.

8. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    I did this when I upgraded from 128GB to 200gb. Now all my games have the “game must be redownloaded” error on each game I have. Also had to setup adrenaline again. So, yea, I use 200gb card. Guess I’ll have to download all my games again. Good thing is, if I forget a game, then I probably didn’t like it.

9. RedL

RedL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    France
    256GB is great

10. playstays_shun
    OP

playstays_shun GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2019
    United States
    I think a large part of the reason Sony doesn't care about Vita users with cfw on PSN, etc. is that sd2vita encourages more game purchases for lots of people (myself included) or else I'd be stuck with my 16gb that came with my system

11. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
    I had been using a 128gb sd card on my Vita for the longest time but downgraded it to a 64gb card after I had only filled around 8gb of the card. :\

12. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Wow! Peeps here seem to be using excessive large capacity cards - guess y'all must be playing dozens of games concurrently... or are just too lazy to erase/replace stuff when you complete games. :P
    Personally, I have a 32Gb SD in my PSV1000 and a 64Gb in my PSTV - for the most part they're different titles on each, so they occassionally get swapped, but there's a combined total of over 200 titles on those two cards (although almost half are PSP/PS1 titles).

MrCokeacola likes this.
  13. Nazuna

Nazuna Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2019
    Italy
    Milan
    I have an unhacked ps vita, i've used for YEARS a 8GB and it worked kinda fine even with little space.
    Now I have a 32 and it's perfect