What size (in pixels) is the Profile Banner?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/ - here you go. You can use this as a guide :)
That's for signatures though. They're looking for the dimensions of a custom profile banner that can be applied when you get patron perks.
Post automatically merged:

Don't know if this is related but I'm having troubles with getting the full size of a larger banner to render, it cuts off the top and bottom when I apply it.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
That's odd. I remember they used to tell you in the upload window, but that seems to have changed.

1671994535182.png

Anyway, my banner is 1024Ɨ550, which I remember was based on the specifications I was given by the old prompt.

EDIT: The size stated above is not the optimal one; please read my newer post below.

Last edited by smileyhead,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's odd. I remember they used to tell you in the upload window, but that seems to have changed.

View attachment 344314

Anyway, my banner is 1024Ɨ550, which I remember was based on the specifications I was given by the old prompt.
Thanks for the help. Hopefully this should work.
Post automatically merged:

The banner is still not all fully in.
problem.jpg

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay, I've done some investigation and the system seems to have been changed.
When you upload a banner, it automatically gets resized to a width of 1028 pixels. The entire image is kept, but the displayable area has an aspect ratio of only 983:350ā€”yes, reallyā€”which you are allowed to reposition your image into on the banner upload interface by dragging it.

Taking this into account, the optimal banner size on the current site design revision is 1280Ɨ456.

EDIT: I did not take differing monitor sizes into account. See this post by Tom Bombadildo.
Basically, if you want your banner to fit on any monitor size, give up on its height and only care about its width, as the top and bottom will get cropped to fit the layout on the display in use.

Last edited by smileyhead,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you upload a banner, it automatically gets resized to a width of 1028 pixels. The entire image is kept, but the displayable area has an aspect ratio of only 983:350ā€”yes, reallyā€”which you are allowed to reposition your image into on the banner upload interface by dragging it.

Taking this into account, the optimal banner size on the current site design revision is 1280Ɨ456.
Thank you. That's actually worked. :D

Can somebody update the GBAtemp terms to include those dimensions?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yes, I remember that you can drag/position the banner if it's too big.

Thanks for taking the time @smileyhead. Really appreciate it.
Honestly thought we could get an "official" statement on its size, but I'm guessing it can change in the future.

Actually 1280x456 is not a bad resolution, not an ideal aspect ratio to work with, but it could be interesting.

Reactions: SylverReZ

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you. That's actually worked. :D

Can somebody update the GBAtemp terms to include those dimensions?
Yes, I remember that you can drag/position the banner if it's too big.

Thanks for taking the time @smileyhead. Really appreciate it.
Honestly thought we could get an "official" statement on its size, but I'm guessing it can change in the future.

Actually 1280x456 is not a bad resolution, not an ideal aspect ratio to work with, but it could be interesting.
Addendum: Please note that 456-width images will only display in full if you are viewing the website on a monitor with (or have the width toggled to) a 4:3 aspect ratio. The top and bottom of the image will get cut off to fit the layout on whatever display you are using.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back