What si the best video converter

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by cheatmaster5, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009
  1. cheatmaster5
    OP

Member cheatmaster5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I want to turn all my mkv and avi files in to wmv hd, so i can play through my xbox as hd.
    I have looked everywere but can't find a good converter what do you recommend.
    The one I like the most is videora xbox360 converter but that doesn't turn them into wmv so they don't look much better.

2. cheatmaster5
    OP

Member cheatmaster5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What will look better MP4 ,AVC/H264 or wmv hd or mpeg-4

3. G2K

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Super is the best.. I think it's the first result in Google when you search for "Super".

4. WShep

Newcomer WShep Member

United States
    I use TVersity, which is like Media Center, so that I can access movies on my computer from my PS3, iphone, and PSP. It also works well with XBox 360 and there are many resources / tutorials on the net that can help you set it up. It takes requests from these devices and transcodes the movies on the computer, then streams over to the device either wirelessly or through your wired network. You have to download the codecs and use the general rule of, "If it works in WMP, it will work in TVersity." It's free.

The only time I've had any issue is when I try to transcode a dual language mkv \ ogm which causes the MediaServer program to crash. But I use a program, called Handbrake, to strip out the extra language. It can also be found for free out there, though it is an older program, but it works great and comes with custom presets for the different platforms which, theoretically, would allow you to convert it to everything but DGM.

5. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    The problem with Tversity is too much use and your comp turns off. It gets way too overheated.

6. dawn.wan

Member dawn.wan GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Agree

7. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    many might argue that this is over rated. its just a converter with a gui slapped on top and has too many options that it can be confusing. while this may be true, its free and claims to convert your videos to any format and to date, i haven't found anything that it can't convert to (thats not to say ive had 100% success, some have been out of sync). even if you want to convert something obscure, like flv to vob, SUPER can do.

8. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I've never had this problem at all, and I use a really crappy old machine and strea alot of stuff to the 360.

9. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    Maybe you havent installed the codecs.

10. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    i have tried a ridiculous amount of converters and the best ones i have discovered are Magic Video Converter and SUPER