What should I know for buying an AceKard2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by YoshiInAVoid, Aug 13, 2011.

Aug 13, 2011
  1. YoshiInAVoid
    OP

Member YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm getting a 3DS so I'll need a working flashcard to play my old ds games, I'll buy the 3DS games for myself, for it since I doubt my original R4 will work with it.

Anyway, I decided Acekart2i is the best choice since it's cheapest and has some good reviews.

So firstly, where can I buy just the card and get it sent to the UK? I already have loads of micro sd's and micro sd to usb connectors so all I really need is the card to go in the 3ds.

Secondly, if I put the software and ds games, (not 3ds games) on the micro sd card will it work on the 3ds straight away? I heard somewhere that you need a ds lite to update the card to work with 3ds, that's no problem since I own a ds lite, but are there any tutorials for this?

Thirdly I have already had a flashcard before so I know what to expect but is there anything special about the acekard2i that I should know?

Thanks everyone in advance!

-YoshiInAVoid-

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Some Acekard 2i units have contact issues. You can read more about them here. If the prospect of contact issues worries you, just get an R4i Gold 3DS. Look around ShopTemp for it. I have an Acekard 2i and have not had any contact issues.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    something very important has not been mentioned for you. the acekard 2i had two different hardware revisions. these were numbered 44 and 81. the HWID of 44 can not currently be reflashed with the newest bootloader exploits, it is simply a limitation of the old design. if you are going to make a 2i purchase then make sure the site carries the new acekard 2i. the new one has a sticker that says it is 3ds compatible and will have an anti-counterfeit code sticker on the back. you could further double check by asking them to confirm that they only sell the HWID 81 2i flash kits.

-another world

4. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Xpertron.co.uk has the new version with the small chip, which is hw81. Thats were i got mine from, ordered mon, got it weds.

5. YoshiInAVoid
    OP

Member YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks for all the info!