What should I get?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by zawarudo, May 10, 2008.

May 10, 2008

What should I get? by zawarudo at 5:29 AM (1,109 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. zawarudo
    OP

Newcomer zawarudo Member

United States
    I'm looking for a flash cart for the reg ds. I wanna play it from slot 2 of the r4.

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Elink. Its pretty good, I have one it has a little bit of bugs but its pretty well updated.

3. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If you want expandable memory, the EZ4 is really good. Also the M3 perfect is good (I broke mine [​IMG] but bought an EZ4 afterwards which is a good replacement.)

4. trikon000

Member trikon000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The ugly clear green elink would be your option then, just like what NeSchn said. you can get one from DX if you don't know where to get one.

5. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    DealExtreme also sells the EFA Linker for 20 bucks, its 512 mb which seems to be the largest cart for GBA without expandable memory.

EFA Linker is the one that I plan on getting [​IMG]

6. trikon000

United States
    as long as you don't have an Nforce motherboard, you should be able to use the EFA Linker. it doesn't have a RTC (real time clock), so don't expect to play pokemon without some patching etc.

7. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States

The reason i don't like to recommend On board memory flash-cart's they have a lot of driver issues (especially with vista)

and next os they most likely wont work at all but since all SD based cards needs is a SD card formated in fat 16 even mac can do that

8. trikon000

United States
    think of it this way, since it is about in the 20 dollar range. You PAID 20 bucks to find out if it will work with your computer or not.

It is an answer most people don't want to hear that they do not have a compatible hardware to run it.

I spent about 300 bucks on building a crap computer that was compatible just so I can run stuff like this on. most people won't even do that, they will just complain and throw or give away the cart when they get the answer the hard way.