What Should I Get?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jerm27, Apr 2, 2009.

Apr 2, 2009

What Should I Get? by jerm27 at 4:45 AM (1,640 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. jerm27
    OP

Member jerm27 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    in your opinion what do you think i should get
    my 2 options are
    a new DSi [about $300] + an Acekard2i + 2GB Micro SD card [$86.50] (or any other DSi compatibly card are there any with wii connectivity out there?)
    totaling $386.50
    OR
    an iPod Touch
    $329

atm im thinking maybe the DSi cause i have an old phat DS & a perfectly good working ipod classic
    buut the touch looks fun

im not sure :S

what do you think?

2. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    if you already have an ipod, i don't see why to waste over $300 just to make it an itouch. that's wasteful IMO.

as for the DSi, IDK but I sure know I wouldn't get a new ipod if I already had one.

3. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Well, I had 3 previous iPods and I still got the touch, however i had gotten it for X-mas. I have the DS phat and lite and have pre-ordered a DSi. After having the iPod touch for a few weeks, it gets old fast. Its still cool and everything. One of the best interfaces ever. However, its not really something I really would like to use for listening to music. For instance, if you want to change the song, you have to unlock it and press the screen, therefore you must look at the screen. I like just having my nano, its small, and has way better battery life. If you're going to be using your iPod mostly for music, I wouldn't recommend the touch. I know it seems fun to go out and get it. But the newness will quickly wear off and you must think to yourself. "How would I like it then?" Since you have a DS phat, it would be beneficial to upgrade. Once you go to a lite or DSi, you cant go back. The things just so damn dark and ugly. So I guess, I would go with the DSi, weather it be a cheaper lite, or a brand new DSi. However, if you no longer have interest in DS games, maybe you could should go with the ipod, or nothing at all. In the end, it really is up to you. I am just giving you my point of view having owned both of these items (soon to own the DSi but the lite counts [​IMG])

4. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    DSi fer sher.

ipods suck [​IMG]

5. jerm27
    OP

Australia
    & its a good point of veiw...
    the more i think about it it makes sense to get a DSi & i can use the DSi as a music player aswell...[even though i got an ipod classic)

so im leaning more & more to a DSi

what flashcard do you's recommend i get
    are there any with wii connectivity...

6. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Haha, I believe I posted this previously if you use the search engine... Now back to the point, this depends on how much time you have. If you are like me and are off to a university, I would recommend the Touch b/c it's a real good multi-media and has free games once you jailbreak it. However, if you have a lot of time on your hands, playing games while you are still young is nice... [​IMG] Once you go to a university, you probably got to put the game down and hit the books [​IMG] (Or you can start now, that would help you cope with the loss easier [​IMG]

7. jerm27
    OP

Australia
    oh thats a good point...
    im in year 12 atm & i hardly have any free time...
    urgh damnit
    score one for the ipod

its now ipod 1 dsi 2

8. kevenka

United States
    Haha, well, think about who you are getting your answers from and their ages. ^^
    Thing is, you want to be able to focus on your schoolwork once you leave (or not) so...yea, I personally miss the DS sometimes, but I am glad I don't have the temptation that strays me from my work. ;D

(maybe get neither?) since you already have a good MP3 =)

9. MrDillDough

Member MrDillDough GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    DSi. (:

You already have an Ipod. And I guess you can use the DSi for most of the same purposes as an Ipod Touch? :S

10. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The iPod touch would be awesome
    if it had a built-in cellphone.
    Oh wait...

Anyway, I love my iPhone, but if it didn't have a cellular connection it would be gathering dust somewhere.
    I don't think iPod touch is that great. If you already have a portable media player that works I don't suggest you replace it with an iPod touch.

11. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    It depends entirely on what you will end up using them for. I have an iPod touch and I have have it for a while, I use it every day as an ebook and a comic reader. As an actual media player for on the go the ipod classic would likely be a better choice but for a multifunctional device I'd rather have an iPod touch than a DS, I've tried the DS in the past as a media player and it just doesn't work well.

Though really, I'd buy a DS Lite with the inevitable reduction in price they'll see.

12. kevenka

United States
    haha, agreeed with carnivean. If you had to pick something, maybe just go with the lite, you already have the mp3 and the lite will give you plenty of good games (honestly, this all boils down to what you want and need) I personally went go for a touch simply b/c I cannot afford to lost times to games...

13. epicelite

Member epicelite Equal opportunity ass kicker.

United States
    Acekard i is like $20.00 on dealextreme.

14. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I love my iPod Touch with all its apps! However, it's admittedly not a massive step up from any other iPod bar widescreen video, cool apps and the ability to connect to the internet (of which the third is fairly redundant if you have a PC or laptop unless you can access the internet outside the house).

15. jerm27
    OP

Australia
    iv a had bad experinces with them both times i used them i think ill stay away from em...
    im thinking of the DSi cause i was reading on some apple site & apparently the touch is due for another update in afew months

16. davisito93

Newcomer davisito93 Newbie

United States
    Idk
    but i heard that you wouldn't be able to use flash carts on the DSi because the DS firmware
    so maybe you should just get a DS lite or the iPod Touch

Posts merged

Idk
    but i heard that you wouldn't be able to use flash carts on the DSi because the DS firmware
    so maybe you should just get a DS lite or the iPod Touch

17. jerm27
    OP

Australia
    aparantly the acecardi works with aussie DSi's