1. lavera

OP lavera Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a 2.02 Vita with the TN-V Uno exploit (PSP mode) and I have 3 Vita games - Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Project Diva F. I've barely used my Vita for a while now and all it does is collect dust. I have completed Uncharted and Gravity Rush twice now and PDF doesn't really interest me anymore. I barely use the PSP mode, only to play Black Rock Shooter when the English version first came out. On the side note, I already have a PSP 2000 but the charger is broken so I can't use it. So I don't really know what to do with it and I was hoping to get advice from some of the 'tempers.

I already have a few options:
    • Update to 2.61 and subscribe to PlayStation Plus for a year and get loads of free games! But the Vita only get around 3 free games I think and the games chosen are random (I may or may not like any of the game). Since I have a PS3 on CFW, I don't really need free PS3 games from PS+. So I may end up paying $50 USD for 3 games I may or may not like.. Not to mention I'll also lose access to the Uno exploit.
    • Buy retail Vita game. But none of them really interest me now and I may even be forced to update my Vita (not sure) hence lose access to the Uno exploit.
    • Stay on 2.02 and do nothing with the Vita.
    • Just update to 2.61 and still do nothing with the Vita.

2. MaGosT

MaGosT GBAtemp Regular

If none of the below are your cup of tea, and nothing in the PSP library appeals to you, then I truly cannot understand why you even considered buying your vita initially.

Gravity Rush
    Lumines
    Little King's Story
    Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Little Big Planet
    Persona 4
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Muramasa Rebirth
    DJ Max Technicka
    Dragon's Crown

Digital
    Escape Plan
    Super Stardust Delta
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Sound Shapes

3. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

United States
    @Layera,

MaGosT is absolutely right. That's why I dont like those list and I am not getting Vita: Save my money for other system such as PS4, Wii U, PS3, or 3DS since some of the games I really like very much. You need to think twice before buy any systems because games are the key to your liking first. I do not have Wii U yet because I find a few games to my liking and I dont want to buy it just yet until there is more games. Maybe this time I will buy Wii U for m few games to my liking because of Zelda Wind Waker HD bundle with Wii U. I don't know yet.

4. lavera

OP lavera Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, the thing is I bought my Vita overseas over 6 months ago, it was a really good deal actually. In my country the cheapest Wi-fi Vita I can find is around $375 USD and I bought mine for only about $235 USD, including 4GB memory card and a crystal case. I just couldn't pass the chance! And when I first bought it I couldn't stop playing Uncharted and Gravity Rush (which I bought there too). But now my current games are getting stale and I just don't know what to do with it anymore. Games are really hard to find and really expensive in my country, even a Deluxe Wii U set currently costs about >$500 USD! Its a pain really.

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Get PSPlus and start getting games monthly. You'll get 2-3 games a month and the cheapest subscription will last you for 3 months - that's 6-9 games for $50, I wouldn't call that a bad bargain. If you won't like the service, sell the system.

I personally can't understand people who can't find anything that suits their tastes in the library, as of today I have:
    • Gravity Daze (+)
    • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (+)
    • MGS: HD Collection (+)
    • Mortal Kombat (+)
    • WipEout 2048 (+)
    • Lumines: Electronic Symphony (+)
    • Unit 13 (+)
    • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (+)
    • New Little King's Story (+)
    • Jet Set Radio (+)
    • Sine Mora (+)
    • Lego Lord of the Rings (+)
    • Puddle (+)
    • Velocity Ultra (+)
    • Knytt Underground (+)
    • When Vikings Attack! (+)
    • Coconut Dodge Revitalized (+)
    • Jak and Daxter Trilogy (+)
    • Stealth Inc. (+)
    • Urban Trial Freestyle (+)
    • Soul Sacrifice
    • Call of Duty: BlackOps - Declassified
    • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
    • Assassin's Creed III - Liberation
    • Thomas was Alone (+)
    • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    • Rayman Origins (+)
    • Pinball Arcade (+)
    • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (+)
    • Virtue's Last Reward (+)
    • Chronovolt (+)
    • Big Sky Infinity (+)
    • Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
    • PulzAR
    • Tabletop Tanks
    • Ecolibrium (F2P)
    • Zen Pinball 2 (F2P)
    • Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (F2P)
    • Frobisher Says! (F2P)
    • Deathmatch Village (F2P)
    • Jetpack Joyride (F2P)
    ...I've marked the titles that are free to play or PSPlus rewards to show you the scope of benefits the service could bring to you. Personally, I can't imagine putting the system down for more than 24 hours.

6. lavera

OP lavera Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the list man. I've had my eyes set on some of the games but I've also played some of them on the PS3. Yeah, 6-9 games in 3 months is not a bad bargain. Now I'm really considering upgrading to PS+. I have a question though. What is the average size of a Vita game? I only have a 4GB memory card. How many games can I have at once?

Also, I have never ever sold any game that I own.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    4GB is not a whole lot. Games range between a few MB's for minigames and go up to even 3GB's for triple-A titles. If I were you, I'd consider getting a 32GB memory card before getting Plus - you'll need it for all the monthly games. I bought one when I started with Plus a couple months back and I've ran out of space already - it's a tight squeeze when you get so many but at least it keeps you busy... after all, once you finish a game, you get more space for another. :yay:

If you can't afford one right now, fret not - you can "purchase" games and re-download them later when you have the free space - they do not expire and re-activate once you continue your subscription.

8. lavera

OP lavera Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm I see.. I'll consider this more then. I'm currently updating my Vita to 2.61. Thanks for the advice, really help me a lot. Once I have made my decision I'll get back here to tell you how it goes. Thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it! Glad I asked here!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - collect, should,