Hacking What should I buy/do?

BoredFattie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a beat-up GBA SP(that I'd rather not use), and a DSi, and I am planning to get a 2DS soon. A lot of people that using DS flashcarts for a 3DS is bad, so should I get a 2DS and a DSLite(and maybe sell the other 2?)? And then I could use the DSLite for DS and GBA games, and use the 2DS for 3DS games/ROMs(using Sky3DS or something)?

The real reason I want a 2DS and another console, is due to battery life...I've looked online and the 2DS has around 4.5 hrs of battery, where I can get 8 out of my DSi(albeit on 2nd lowest brightness and wireless off).

Will I be able to use a GBA ROM/game 'on' a DS game(to transfer Pokemon?)

Can the flashcart/ROM use my DS' time, or do I have to get one with a real-time battery?

Also, if I wanted to get a flashcart that'll work with my DSi, but'll also work with a DS Lite, what should I get?

Sorry if my post is hard to understand...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can play GBA games installed on the 2DS. There's no need for a DS lite. To play DS games you need a flashcart, whether on the DS lite or the 2DS, so zero advantage to the DS lite (except for price).

Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to set up the 2DS or download the whole guide and files required from my page quantumc.at

BoredFattie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can play GBA games installed on the 2DS. There's no need for a DS lite. To play DS games you need a flashcart, whether on the DS lite or the 2DS, so zero advantage to the DS lite (except for price).

Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to set up the 2DS or download the whole guide and files required from my page quantumc.at

Thanks! So does this mean that I can do everything on a 2DS, assuming I have a DS flashcart for it(at the sacrifice of battery)? Will real-time events work? Also, will it matter what version my 2DS(can I order it online and expect it to work?); where should I buy a 2DS?

Last edited by BoredFattie,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Will I be able to use a GBA ROM/game 'on' a DS game(to transfer Pokemon?)
To play GBA Game = Yes, you have to use 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V (with DS flash card that supported) or EZ-Flash IV for GBA rom.
Transfer Pokemon from GBA > DS (Gen IV) = Yes, you have to use 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V.
Transfer Pokemon from DS (Gen IV) > 3DS (Gen VI) = No, You need to transfer to Gen V first.
Transfer Pokemon from DS (Gen IV) > DS (Gen V) = Yes, If you have legit Gen IV cartridge. (Using 2 Console, NDS or 3DS)
Transfer Pokemon from DS (Gen V) > 3DS (Gen VI) = Yes, If you have legit Gen V & Gen VI cartridge. (Pokebank)
PS. You can do GBA > DS (Gen IV) on DeSmuME, although it's a bit hard to config to make it work.
Can the flashcart/ROM use my DS' time, or do I have to get one with a real-time battery?
Most DS games play on flashcart are like normal DS game which using DS's time. But, GBA game will using it's own time system.
Also, if I wanted to get a flashcart that'll work with my DSi, but'll also work with a DS Lite, what should I get?
This one is recommend by @Crystal the Glaceon , But i'm not sure that these cart support 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V or not, since it's out in the era with no GBA slot: R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)
This is the card that support 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V. But, it's very old and no longer support: DSTT

I know what's he trying to do, he wants to move pokemons from GBA Gen III to DS Gen IV > 3DS Gen VII.
Which he can't do on 2DS alone.

Last edited by nechigawara,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo