Gaming What should be my first game I should buy on Xbox One?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want it to be an exclusive Xbox One game (No CoD: Ghosts), and I'm kinda torn between Killer Instinct and DR3. I only have money for one game, what should it be?

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would say Dead Rising 3.... I wouldn't trust KI until reviews come in. Rare actually isn't making the game, Double Helix Games is making it and they are known for making mainly Movie adaptations of video games. (This is usually not a good sign) Even if it was co-developed by Rare when was the last time Rare made a Fighting Game... I would certainly wait at least Dead Rising 3 is being made by Capcom so you know it will at least be 70% well received.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killer Instinct is rumored to be one of those micro-transaction games as well - which may simplify your decision. It might end up being free or very low cost, with you paying to unlock and use only the characters you want.

Dead Rising 3 looks pretty bland - at least compared to the previous two titles in the series.

Destiny seems interesting if you're a Halo fan. Or, you know, Halo.

Anyway, why not CoD? An Xbox without a copy of CoD just seems... wrong. Don't forget you Doritos and Gamer Fuel.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Killer Instinct is rumored to be one of those micro-transaction games as well - which may simplify your decision. It might end up being free or very low cost, with you paying to unlock and use only the characters you want.

Dead Rising 3 looks pretty bland - at least compared to the previous two titles in the series.

Destiny seems interesting if you're a Halo fan. Or, you know, Halo.

Anyway, why not CoD? An Xbox without a copy of CoD just seems... wrong. Don't forget you Doritos and Gamer Fuel.

He's asking for exclusives so unfortunately Destiny doesn't count. CoD is in the same boat if I'm not mistaken.
I happen to have an Xbox 360 without CoD and couldn't be happier about it. ^_^

If you're into racing, I'd suggest Forza 5 <3

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMO, you can't go wrong with DR. Killing zombies may get repetitive, but the sandbox elements and the weapon creation system kinda makes up for it. For KI and fighting games in general, if you don't have people to play the game with you in your area, or know ppl online, that will help you enjoy and learn the game, it might not be the best decision ATM. Also, in light of the information that the original team that worked on the game is not working on this reboot, I would not put forth the investment in it until after the release and some YouTube reviews are out for it.

Hope this helps and happy purchasing.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Forza Motorsport 5? Forza 3 and Horizon were awesome for one of the best racing sims out there. Well its really the only game that makes me want to get a XBone over the PS4. If you want exclusives go buy a WiiU Instead lol.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait a little bit until I had the money for both games. It's not like it'll take you 4 years to accumulate $60 (80) dollars. As Obi-Wan would say to Anakin, "Patience. Use the Force. Think."

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi