Hacking What purpose do .bflyt and .bflan serve and how do I modify them?

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[3DS] What purpose do .bflyt and .bflan serve and how do I modify them?

Im trying to modify the title screen of Kenka Bancho 6 and replace the original Japanese titlescreen logo witha custom logo. But when ever I replace the logo image with my own it hardlocks the game. So Im hoping by figuring out what these .bflyt and .bflan files do and how to modify them will allow me to finally get the custom logo working.

00040000000F4F00\menu\title

^title.zdp
^titleUpper.zdp
^logo.arc
anim (folder)
^logo_act_00.bflan
blyt (folder)
^logo.bflyt
timg (folder)
^logo_kb6.bflim (Game title screen logo)

Reactions: Nutez

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done this before with custom logos, and it should be possible to replace the .bflim image without editing the layout files. You just need to make sure the image is the same format and size.

For example, here's one I pulled from Tri Force Heroes. There are a few programs that will show you the format but the first that came to mind is Kukkii (part of the Kuriimu suite). Check the Properties section:
bflim1.png

So you'll need a 512x256 image encoded as raw ETC1A4 (a common lossy compression format with full transparency). I use 3DSTex.exe, but again, others will do the trick.

Also, if you open the original .bflim image in a hex editor, you'll see it has a 40-byte footer at the end:
bflim2.png

You should copy and paste this onto the new image so it has all the proper info.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ich_73

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done this before with custom logos, and it should be possible to replace the .bflim image without editing the layout files. You just need to make sure the image is the same format and size.

For example, here's one I pulled from Tri Force Heroes. There are a few programs that will show you the format but the first that came to mind is Kukkii (part of the Kuriimu suite). Check the Properties section:
View attachment 283409

So you'll need a 512x256 image encoded as raw ETC1A4 (a common lossy compression format with full transparency). I use 3DSTex.exe, but again, others will do the trick.

Also, if you open the original .bflim image in a hex editor, you'll see it has a 40-byte footer at the end:
View attachment 283410
You should copy and paste this onto the new image so it has all the proper info.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for advice, sadly the game is still crashing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup