PS1/2 What ps2 games are compatiblw with 60GB pal ps3?

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just bought myself a 2nd hand 60GB Pal PS3 off ebay and I'm thinking about buying heaps of PS2 games for it although I'm not too sure if they will work.

The Pal 60GB PS3 only has software emulation for PS2 games.

Can anyone give me a list of all the compatible PS2 games?

I'm thinking of getting-

Enthusia Professional Racing
GT4
Killzone
Tekken 5 etc

Thanks

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony had a list up but they have taken it down in favour of a small message about BC

QUOTE said:
PlayStation 2 format software
Compatibility of PS2 titles is largely achieved through a combination of software and hardware depending on the particular PLAYSTATION 3 models, and this is supported by the PS3 system software.

This is available in PLAYSTATION 3 60GB (Model Number: CECHC03*) and as a result the majority of PlayStation 2 format software can be played with this model. Future PLAYSTATION 3 system software updates will continue to support the current PlayStation 2 software compatibility for PLAYSTATION 3 60GB.

However, PLAYSTATION 3 40GB (Model Number: CECHHO3*) is not equipped with these features and therefore PlayStation 2 format software cannot be played with this model.

EDIT: I have had a look around and I can't find one for a PAL console only US.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
legendofphil said:
Sony had a list up but they have taken it down in favour of a small message about BC

QUOTE said:
PlayStation 2 format software
Compatibility of PS2 titles is largely achieved through a combination of software and hardware depending on the particular PLAYSTATION 3 models, and this is supported by the PS3 system software.

This is available in PLAYSTATION 3 60GB (Model Number: CECHC03*) and as a result the majority of PlayStation 2 format software can be played with this model. Future PLAYSTATION 3 system software updates will continue to support the current PlayStation 2 software compatibility for PLAYSTATION 3 60GB.

However, PLAYSTATION 3 40GB (Model Number: CECHHO3*) is not equipped with these features and therefore PlayStation 2 format software cannot be played with this model.

EDIT: I have had a look around and I can't find one for a PAL console only US.
But can't he refer to the US compatibility list that corresponds to his console version?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pitoui said:
So I just bought myself a 2nd hand 60GB Pal PS3 off ebay and I'm thinking about buying heaps of PS2 games for it although I'm not too sure if they will work.

I'm thinking of getting-

GT4
Killzone
Tekken 5 etc

Thanks

i think gt4 and killzone work ok, not sure about tekken 5 though.

QUOTEBut can't he refer to the US compatibility list that corresponds to his console version?

no because the old 80gb models have different hardware compared to the pal 60gb systems which run on emulation, not hardware.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
jalaneme said:
pitoui said:

I'm thinking of getting-

GT4
Killzone
Tekken 5 etc

Thanks

i think gt4 and killzone work ok, not sure about tekken 5 though.

QUOTEBut can't he refer to the US compatibility list that corresponds to his console version?

no because the old 80gb models have different hardware compared to the pal 60gb systems which run on emulation, not hardware.
and there is no US compatibility list for the software emulation ones?

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I don't wanna get too hyped up over a game working and then when I place it into my PS3 it won't work.

I don't understand why Sony wouldn't just give us a damn compatibility list for us sorry old Pal users.

Edit: Iv'e just used the link that legendofphil directed me to. It seems that the game I thought would have the least compatibility issues (GT4) has quite a few bugs. All other games seem to work.

But then again, I have to remind myself that it's probably not accurate as it's the US 80GB console.

I just emailed Sony Aus and asked them for a list. Doubt it'll do any good though.

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Sony replied to my email yesterday, here is what Playstation Support had to say.

"Dear Peter,

Thank you for your recent email.

The majority of PlayStation 2 format software can be played on the 60 GB model PlayStation 3 console. Future PlayStation 3 system software updates will continue to support the current PlayStation 2 software compatibility for 60 GB PlayStation 3 console.

There is no list available to advise what games are compatible with your model PlayStation 3 console.

Regards,

Bronwyn

PlayStation Support Centre"

So the "majority" of P2 games will work. So it's going to be hit and miss if I buy a PS2 game.

How shit.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't expect any games that require unique controllers (DDR, Beatmania, Taiko, Guitar games, etc) to work properly.

Depending on the adapter, the controller will
1) fail to be recognized at all for whatever reason
2) have an unplayable amount of delayed input
3) partially work; some buttons will not work at all while others work perfectly
4) work flawlessly

I have a Canadian 60GB PS3 which has EE/GS on board, but I still ended up buying a PS2 just to play about thirty games that logistically do not work due to the unique controllers. (The games themselves have no problem running, but it's basically a gun without bullets in that state.)

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I went ahead and tried it out.

I've only bought 2 PS2 games thus far(GT4 and Enthusia) and both work nearly perfectly (couple of minor graphical errors).

EB here in Aus let you refund or exchange your game as long as it is before 7 days. So if I buy a game that doesn't work on my PS3, I can just bring it back and get my money back, no dramas.

It doesn't bother me that DDR mats and such wont work on my PS3 as I have no interest in that sorta stuff whatsoever.

Skudd Warrior

Trophies
XP
Country
hope this helps you on your quest to find games that will work on the ps3.
please note that only the ps3 model CECHC03 WILL PLAY PS2 GAMES. all other models of ps3 dont have the software capability.. i hope i can post this url as its from sony ps3 web site. giving a list of all PS2/PS1 games that will work on PS3
respecfuly.

http://www.ps3comp.com/view.asp?flt=b&console=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool