Hardware What PS Vita should i buy Guys??

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I want PS Vita that i will not sell or get another. I want one that i will have and that's it.

In other words, i know nothing about vita hacking scene, what version is better and why. I do want AMOLED screen, but if vita without amoled, i mean newer one, the slim one, is better in technical sense that i wont get amoled one (im guessing amoled are first models) also, i want to replace my old PSP 2004 vith wita but i want all my emulators and games for psp to be playable on vita, and vita games also.

is vita hacked yet? if so what is the best and what you reccomend. so i just want to have psp in vida and vida homebrew and downloaded games..i mean not to by them if you know what i mean..also i want amoled version, but as i said, if amoled consoles are not that good that its not must have...

D

Deleted User

I think this could've been better posted in the Hacking & Homebrew forum itself, if you wanted to know whether the Vita is hacked or not. :P

Or even better; I made a guide in it that you could take a look at! ^_^ (it's missing some tricks, but I've probably explained the missing ones in some other threads.)

To answer your question of what FW Vita to get, get 3.18. You can perform almost every known Vita hack on that FW.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
So just you know. You can´t play pirated PSVita games.
But what vita is futureproof, if there ever arise oportunity for vita to play pirated games while i play original in meantime?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

get 3.18. You can perform almost every known Vita hack on that FW.
how is vita as regular PSP?

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what vita is futureproof, if there ever arise oportunity for vita to play pirated games while i play original in meantime?

how is vita as regular PSP?

I probably will get others who disagree but I dumped our psp and just turned the vita into our psp backup device. Much better build and way better analogs. But in my case I have very little interest in the Vita games that are out so not really needing it to be updated for online play. But if you depend on vita online than you will be forced to update or get a second vita just for that.

And you should read yifanlu site on his take on the security of the vita and ps4. From what I concluded he thinks the ps4 will be hacked before the vita. So who knows when the vita will be hacked.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to play the new Vita games, such as Digimon World, or Freedom Wars. You need the latest Firmware. aka. 3.52+

If you just want to play PSP or PS1 games (or older Vita games), try to get a PSP with FW 3.18 or lower.

Last edited by Zephir1991,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
If you want to play the new Vita games, such as Digimon World, or Freedom Wars. You need the latest Firmware. aka. 3.52+

If you just want to play PSP or PS1 games (or older Vita games), try to get a PSP with FW 3.18 or lower.
does it matter if i get amoled screen (older) vita, or regular lcd screen vita console. i mean i know that PSP 2000 had double the ram in compared to PSP 1000 so are there any difference in technical sense in vita case except the screen?

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
There are only a couple of differences between the Vita 1000 and 2000 models. The 2000 model is a bit thinner and lighter, the battery life is a bit better and it has 1gb of internal memory, other than that they are exactly the same.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
There are only a couple of differences between the Vita 1000 and 2000 models. The 2000 model is a bit thinner and lighter, the battery life is a bit better and it has 1gb of internal memory, other than that they are exactly the same.
and except the screen. i heart that screen is way expensive if its broken... but is there 3.18 FW slim vita?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does it matter if i get amoled screen (older) vita, or regular lcd screen vita console. i mean i know that PSP 2000 had double the ram in compared to PSP 1000 so are there any difference in technical sense in vita case except the screen?

So far, it doesn´t really matter.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
So how is PSP mode on vita? some insights? i mean, does it work exactly like PSP console with hacking, homebrew, emulators, games...are there anny exceptions or differences? Does it run PSP emulators better because of better hardware? or are there emulators specifically for Vita that use all awailable hardware power?

Older one with OLED screen, I have both, and the older one is of much much better build quality, and the screen is absolutely perfect!!
I guess that doesnt mean slim is poor build quality??

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
PSP mode is perfect to the degree I've played around with it. It is sand-boxed so emulators etc don't run any better than they normally would, but no disadvantages to it that I have seen [other than no sound on PS1 games, no access to audio for technical reasons]. There are emulators made specifically for Vita but that is a different thing all together, those need to be run via Rejuvenate [the SNES one for example is very nice, but they are still sand-boxed] and for that the version of your FW is very important. As has been said 3.18 is the sweet spot for compatability with everything [psp, ps1 & rejuvenate]. I think Rejuvenate works up to 3.30, don't recall exactly off the top of my head.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So how is PSP mode on vita? some insights? i mean, does it work exactly like PSP console with hacking, homebrew, emulators, games...are there anny exceptions or differences? Does it run PSP emulators better because of better hardware? or are there emulators specifically for Vita that use all awailable hardware power?

I guess that doesnt mean slim is poor build quality??

No it's not, but the older one just feels much better when two are compared. Also the LCD screen on the new one seems nice on it's own, but when you put them side by side, oh my...LCD looks like it was bleached (for comparison, I have 2xN3DS XL with IPS, and they have more saturated color than Vita 2000).

As far as modification goes, I don't know, I have PSP 2000 with CFW, but my Vitas are legit.

parisi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ps vita 2000 is better than oled vita in all way, more comfortable better performance better screen and better battery. But you should forget the idea for hacking, ps vita is different with psp and very difficult to hack, you must have a ps3 to transfer files if you are not in the last firmware, i sold my ps vita 2000 and bought a psp 3000

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps vita 2000 is better than oled vita in all way, more comfortable better performance better screen and better battery. But you should forget the idea for hacking, ps vita is different with psp and very difficult to hack, you must have a ps3 to transfer files if you are not in the last firmware, i sold my ps vita 2000 and bought a psp 3000

Talking about really downgrading your screen. My psp went in the trash the moment our vita got tn-v.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16