Hacking What programmer do I need for pics/amtels?

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys what programmer do I need to make a openwii/wiifree chip? Is there one that can do pics and amtels, or are they seperate?

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are programmed usually by two separate programmers. I personally use the Microchip PICSTART Plus programmer for PICs and I dont program any amtel chips so I dotn know about those.

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info guys. Next question, how can I find out if my Wii is actually moddable? I.e. are newer ones not moddable?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All are moddable. Just the newer ones that have a D2C chip have to use the D2CKEY , which is 31 wires compared to the older chips which are 5 or 6 (Can't remember).

You can find out what your wii has by either opening and having a look to see whats printed on the chip (D2C , D2B etc) or there is a website that you can put your serial into and it will give you an idea of what should be there. Can't remember the site though , so you'll have to search or wait for someone who knows it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE