Hacking What price do you think the M3 Lite will be?

MegaMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that knowbody knows, but what is your estimate of the price for the m3 lite? Will it be A LOT more than the EZ4 Lite and Supercard Lite? Also, when do you think it might come out?

forkyfork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I called RealHotStuff and asked, they said "around the same price as the original M3".

Which probably means $80-$90.

I hope not because I think that will steer a lot of people away from buying it, since the supercard is cheaper.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's more likely to be @150-200 US dollars as the M3 is the expensive cousin to the other flashcarts. Now GBA compatabilty is equalled by the EZ, they rely on this PDA crap, since it can't even match the SC in DS compatability.

But who knows they may even work out this time how to save properly like the SC's. Kudos to M3 if they manage to get the saving correct this time.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God damn, I must be lucky....My m3 saves perfectly! I think the problem with most flashkits lies between the DS and the couch the gamer is playing on......yea.....my guess for a price.....wait what was the last persons guess chuck?

Chuck says...."200"

Okay then...I'd like to guess $201 please

meangreenie looks over and says to HugeCock, "You asshole!!"

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
rotfl, it will be the same price as the "normal" M3, they have always been like that in terms of price... the newer model the same price as the model before. in NO WAY it will be 150~200$ haha... woah! lolz
btw PDA? english M3 doesnt have the PDA working yet...now does it?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
But why can't M3 save direct to mem card ?? Can the M3 team not do it ? It would negate the need for a battery. Common sense surely ?

SC do it , so why not M3 ?

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why should the use up resources developing a new save system when the current one works perfectly?
Honestly, if you hadn't been told it was doing that, it would be quite hard to tell. The process is quite transparent.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully the m3-lite will come up with the better save system for the lite. It seems sillly to have to hold save data in battery powered sram, when there is no need.

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
It may seem silly to you, but it works just fine. The battery is long life as well. I've been using it since October/November and have had no hiccups what so ever.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but since it's possible, it would seem prudent and more up to date to do away with sram back saving. This is going to be a new cart after all and I for one would like to see the back of DS sram saving (I have an EZ4 and lose saves for no apparent reason quite often)... So save to mem card, no nonsense, no fuss. I think it's a must to keep on par with SC so the gba advantage remains the difference.

After all why not use the better system ??

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
That's my point, why is it a better system if I have had NO problems? NONE.
Sure, it's possiblem, but it would just be a waste of resources, and since the point is to get to A from B, not how you get from A to B.
Say two people have different hand writing styles. One says to the other, why don't you write like everyone else? He asks, why should I spend my precious time learning to do so if it will not improve my work?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose my view is tarnished by my EZ4 which uses the same method, and EZ4 saves are crap in comparison, I have lost at least 4 or maybe 5 saves with it in the last month.

I'm looking to get an M3-Lite for the new DS-Lite in the household soon (as long as the price isn't silly), and would rather see it use the SC save system. I thought all 3 main carts will keep us covered. I still think it would be nice for a direct save sytem as I totally don't like the EZ4 method (when you boot a gba game on EZ4 the previous DS save takes around 30 seconds to write to mem card! ... if lucky )

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
M3 saves are just fine the way it is. only thing missing is a easier way to have multiple saves. Seems like people who never tried one thinks there is some manipulation to do.

Give a loaded M3 to anyone (GBA and NDS roms on it) and they dont have to know anything, in fact they can play the game just like if it's a bought game. There is nothing involved. You don't have to restart the DS after playing, you can wait until you'll fire it up again and it's seamless.

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I suppose my view is tarnished by my EZ4 which uses the same method, and EZ4 saves are crap in comparison, I have lost at least 4 or maybe 5 saves with it in the last month.

I'm looking to get an M3-Lite for the new DS-Lite in the household soon (as long as the price isn't silly), and would rather see it use the SC save system. I thought all 3 main carts will keep us covered. I still think it would be nice for a direct save sytem as I totally don't like the EZ4 method (when you boot a gba game on EZ4 the previous DS save takes around 30 seconds to write to mem card! ... if lucky )
Yes it sounds like the M3 save system is much better than that of the EZ4.

trench02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the say the SC save system is much better than the m3. Plus why would you pay an extra 30-40 more for the m3 lite when you can just get a supercard instead?

One thing that irritates me is when I swap sd cards on my m3 without turning the ds off and on and off to keep the game save on the correct sd card.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SuperCard has a program so that you can use multiple save files. It works great and you don't have to have the same ROM on your memory card twice!

FifthE1ement

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand when people say why should M3 reinvent the wheel when they’re save
system works fine. But in a year or so when your battery starts crapping out you’ll
be wishing they did it right in the first place.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do you back up your saves on the M3? With the SC, I just have a folder on my PC that I throw them all in. Like what if you get a new M3? Do you lose all your saves then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)