What pokemon Black and white hack you use more often

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Eric345, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Eric345
    OP

Member Eric345 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they are plenty of them so I'm not sure what to choose

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Play all of them. My favorite would have to be Volt White. Though I suggest if you're looking for really fun hacks to play that you look to the third generation games.

3. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    i thought of posting this
    there are many pokemon B/W hacks

4. Zekrom_cool

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    I'm hacking it into Blaze Black. Looks kinda good. Don't know about the others.

5. Drayano

Member Drayano .

United Kingdom
    I'll try and give you the gist, without being too biased towards my own:

Blaze Black & Volt White
    - There are lots of changes with Pokémon that don't appear so much in Pitch Black and Pure White. Almost every Pokémon has some sort of change (i.e. evolution, level up moves, TM/HM compatibility, stat changes, type changes) etcetera.

- This is just opinion but I think BB and VW are more 'polished'. Of course I've had a lot more time to fix them up seeing as I released them back in April as opposed to the two new ones in June, but in terms of how the Wild Pokémon are spread out and how the important rosters are dealt with, I think mine is 'cleaner', in a sense. Feel free to not take my word on that.

- Items in the field are edited in appropriate circumstances. This is shared with Yin Black and Yang White (as far as the items being edited goes, I don't know about appropriate since I haven't seen it, but I'd trust Koopa to have done that).

- My hacks try to make things difficult without being outright impossible. I don't really know what the other two are in attitudes of these, mind.

- I've got a lot of documents detailing changes which I don't think the others have. It's basically more organized... I think. Hard to say features without promoting my own hack. Urgh.

- My hacks stay true to the original game. By that, I mean like in terms of what Pokémon a Gym Leader uses as their main Pokémon (with one particular, sometimes criticized exception) and keeping level patterns (i.e important trainers having a specific level, then their main one being +2 of that level) etcetera. I've also tried to make things 'fit' with the characters too.

Now as for the other three, I haven't played either and I can't at present, so I'll have to give some first impressions:

Pitch Black and Pure White
    - There's definitely a lot more customisation with these. From the gender switching to the apparent text editing (I don't know just how far this went) it's probably a more new experience than BB/VW are.

- It's definitely harder than the other two... I think. I'm not really positive as to what extent, but yeah it certainly seems harder.

- The overall feel is different.

Yin Black and Yang White
    - It isn't as finished since the only released version thus far is sort of a BETA (albeit one that goes right up to the League, so call it what you will). It shares some other customisation that neither of the other two do, such as the substitution of adding new attacks to the equation and some other differences between the Black and White versions of the hack that the others don't use.

- There's also some type changes that I'd never actually consider for mine :x Again, probably makes the experience a little more unique.

Light Black
    - Definitely takes on the difficulty factor, at least from what I've read. It also utilizes the other types of battles a lot more, which my hack doesn't use... yet, and I don't think the others do either.

- There's a lot of customisation as far as the characters go, since quite a few of the leaders are swapped with characters from old generations, i.e. Lenora becoming Whitney and such.

- It doesn't stay quite as true to the original from when I did a little research. I'll avoid saying what I mean exactly due to spoilers, but don't expect it to all be easy monotype.

---

Uhh... yeah, I can't say as much about the others because I haven't played them >>; Basically, if you're looking for a difficult journey, try Pitch Black and Pure White or Light Black, while for a more interesting journey using different Pokémon I'd probably say Blaze Black and Volt White or Yin Black and Yang White. I'll mention again that, as I aforementioned, my hacks aren't easy, but they're not made as difficult as the others.

Anyway, there's your choice. BB/VW or PB/PW are the most complete, that much I know.

Anyone else, please feel free to add. :x

6. avran89

Member avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

United States
    ....guess I'll start with blaze black, then try yin and yang version since they claim to have made the game more difficult.

7. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    Pitch Black and Pure White is hard, i don't know my snivy is not enough to beat tepig cheren , : / maybe is using a DW abilities?

8. Holified 2x

Member Holified 2x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    blaze black