Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Eric345, Jun 19, 2011.
they are plenty of them so I'm not sure what to choose
Play all of them. My favorite would have to be Volt White. Though I suggest if you're looking for really fun hacks to play that you look to the third generation games.
i thought of posting this
there are many pokemon B/W hacks
I'm hacking it into Blaze Black. Looks kinda good. Don't know about the others.
I'll try and give you the gist, without being too biased towards my own:
Blaze Black & Volt White
- There are lots of changes with Pokémon that don't appear so much in Pitch Black and Pure White. Almost every Pokémon has some sort of change (i.e. evolution, level up moves, TM/HM compatibility, stat changes, type changes) etcetera.
- This is just opinion but I think BB and VW are more 'polished'. Of course I've had a lot more time to fix them up seeing as I released them back in April as opposed to the two new ones in June, but in terms of how the Wild Pokémon are spread out and how the important rosters are dealt with, I think mine is 'cleaner', in a sense. Feel free to not take my word on that.
- Items in the field are edited in appropriate circumstances. This is shared with Yin Black and Yang White (as far as the items being edited goes, I don't know about appropriate since I haven't seen it, but I'd trust Koopa to have done that).
- My hacks try to make things difficult without being outright impossible. I don't really know what the other two are in attitudes of these, mind.
- I've got a lot of documents detailing changes which I don't think the others have. It's basically more organized... I think. Hard to say features without promoting my own hack. Urgh.
- My hacks stay true to the original game. By that, I mean like in terms of what Pokémon a Gym Leader uses as their main Pokémon (with one particular, sometimes criticized exception) and keeping level patterns (i.e important trainers having a specific level, then their main one being +2 of that level) etcetera. I've also tried to make things 'fit' with the characters too.
Now as for the other three, I haven't played either and I can't at present, so I'll have to give some first impressions:
Pitch Black and Pure White
- There's definitely a lot more customisation with these. From the gender switching to the apparent text editing (I don't know just how far this went) it's probably a more new experience than BB/VW are.
- It's definitely harder than the other two... I think. I'm not really positive as to what extent, but yeah it certainly seems harder.
- The overall feel is different.
Yin Black and Yang White
- It isn't as finished since the only released version thus far is sort of a BETA (albeit one that goes right up to the League, so call it what you will). It shares some other customisation that neither of the other two do, such as the substitution of adding new attacks to the equation and some other differences between the Black and White versions of the hack that the others don't use.
- There's also some type changes that I'd never actually consider for mine :x Again, probably makes the experience a little more unique.
- Definitely takes on the difficulty factor, at least from what I've read. It also utilizes the other types of battles a lot more, which my hack doesn't use... yet, and I don't think the others do either.
- There's a lot of customisation as far as the characters go, since quite a few of the leaders are swapped with characters from old generations, i.e. Lenora becoming Whitney and such.
- It doesn't stay quite as true to the original from when I did a little research. I'll avoid saying what I mean exactly due to spoilers, but don't expect it to all be easy monotype.
Uhh... yeah, I can't say as much about the others because I haven't played them >>; Basically, if you're looking for a difficult journey, try Pitch Black and Pure White or Light Black, while for a more interesting journey using different Pokémon I'd probably say Blaze Black and Volt White or Yin Black and Yang White. I'll mention again that, as I aforementioned, my hacks aren't easy, but they're not made as difficult as the others.
Anyway, there's your choice. BB/VW or PB/PW are the most complete, that much I know.
Anyone else, please feel free to add. :x
....guess I'll start with blaze black, then try yin and yang version since they claim to have made the game more difficult.
Pitch Black and Pure White is hard, i don't know my snivy is not enough to beat tepig cheren , : / maybe is using a DW abilities?