What phone do you own?

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a TCL A501DL from Safelink that I purchased and got on their pay-as-you-go plans from Tracfone. It's kind of dinky, to be honest, and I don't like the camera on it, but it's servicable enough to make calls and get texts.

Reactions: AncientBoi

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you change your APN to T-MOBILEs""
it is on t mobile's APN
T-Mobile US (fast.t-mobile.com)
the only other one is
T-Mobile MMS ( TMUS)

i remember having problems before with APN's on the nexus 6p with both metro PCS and TMO too
i think i brought it in got really lucky to find someone who knew what they were doing , i think they set a custom APN and there were a shit ton of setting that had to set and tweaked
problems is that finding anyone who knows their ass from for their ear hole working at TMO store is like finding a golden rainbow unicorn
fuk you are lucky if youo can fine anyone who can speak english
i was in the TMO near my house today arguing the guy about APN setting he insisted that it has nothing to so with texts not going through or no visual VM, i told him i had the same problem with my other phone and that changing something in APN settings fixed it, he was not hearing it and kept telling it if it the APN setting was wrong i would not get any data at all , i told him no that is not how it works and he was getting pissed off, i really din't want to argue do i just grabbed my free TMO Tuesday swag and left
Google just absolutely fucking sucks at literally everything they do , everything the touch turns to bloody diarrhea
I mean oh my last phone the nexus 6p was never sold by TMO so there is at least some excuse that they don]t know the APN settings of the phone cause it is a bring your own device (still not much of an excuse because every device should have the APN settings for all carriers listed in some database where carriers and can find them to configure phones for their network) but ok
the Pixel 3 Xl was sold by TMO and this is essentially a carrier phones and POS google can not even tell these morons how their hardware need to configured when they are fucking licensing TMO to sell their phones
there is no excuse but it is really not surprising at all , because everything the do is half assed ass backwared insid eout and upsaide down
an epic disaster and dumpster fire of stadia like proportions

Last edited by weatMod,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
My pixel supports everything but the vga, and display ports....120w hp thunderbolt dock g2, shit does charge my phone in under an hour, it'd be perfect for emulation...... otherwise I do recommend this for people who have usb-c devices

IMG_20210119_221223.jpg
IMG_20210119_221207.jpg

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Moved from Mi A3 to Poco X3 today. One of the best decisions I have taken this year.
The Mi A3 was one of the worst phones I have bought in the past few years so I only kept it for a year and a month. Hopefully the Poco X3 won't walk the same path.
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 17.03.32.jpeg

Reactions: AncientBoi

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What made the Mi A3 so bad?
Software Updates were often buggy. The phone worked out OK in Android 9, then it got three buggy Android 10 updates, but they got fixed (but still with obvious bugs). Android 11 came out in December last year and bricked phones. They released it again mid-January and it had animation bugs and it made I/O operations on my phone deadly slow.

Then comes up WiFi. It uses a single antenna for WiFi and Bluetooth so the connection would be jack shit unless you disabled Bluetooth and Bluetooth scanning, as I had a bunch of BT devices (controller, headphones, smart watch), I had dead slow WiFi which would drop dead randomly or my phone would drop my devices (fixed with Android 11, but then WiFi dropped more).

Finally, the vibration motor died in December so I got real tired of this shit and decided to buy the Poco X3 as soon as I would get a full time job, which happened last month.

Overall it wasn't a bad phone, unironically I tried a MIUI port (from its Chinese counterpart, CC9e) for it during his tenure and it blew the stock Android One image in stability, so obviously Xiaomi just don't give a shit to Android One.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPhone 5c
Actually that what I'm really on still too, actually think mine is the 5S... but I had to pull apart and replace battery inside last summer, pain to pull the glass screen off without cracking the screen, but still rocking, and all I need.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Galaxy S8+. I was looking forward to upgrading soon, but I haven't found a phone that has everything I want in it (ip68, headphone jack, dual front firing speakers, good camera) for less than $1,000. So I might just hold onto it until one does.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.